ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Wet PDA's
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Wet PDA's
Doing one of my Post boxes the other day in torrential rain my PDA crashed and details of my boxes to scan had been wiped from my PDA after reboot.
I photographed the barcode with my mobile phone to prove I emptied it with it showing the time etc.
When back at work to tell the DOM the PDA crashed and I was rescanning my PDA in the office and was scanning my barcode picture to put the box details as being done and he said I should drive 5 miles to the box to redo it. I told him no as it is after my finish time and it was a PDA failure.
Anyone had a similar problem like this?
I photographed the barcode with my mobile phone to prove I emptied it with it showing the time etc.
When back at work to tell the DOM the PDA crashed and I was rescanning my PDA in the office and was scanning my barcode picture to put the box details as being done and he said I should drive 5 miles to the box to redo it. I told him no as it is after my finish time and it was a PDA failure.
Anyone had a similar problem like this?
-
work
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
Wet PDA's
Q.) wHAT EXACTLY...LIKE THE TURD OF A MANAGER YOU HAD TO DEAL WITH...OR THE NAFF PROCEDURES AND EQUIPMENT...?eastie wrote:Doing one of my Post boxes the other day in torrential rain my PDA crashed and details of my boxes to scan had been wiped from my PDA after reboot.
I photographed the barcode with my mobile phone to prove I emptied it with it showing the time etc.
When back at work to tell the DOM* the PDA crashed and I was rescanning my PDA in the office and was scanning my barcode picture to put the box details as being done and he said I should drive 5 miles to the box to redo it. I told him no as it is after my finish time and it was a PDA failure.
Anyone had a similar problem like this?
A.) ALL OF THE ABOVE...DAILY...HENCE THE 97.1% who also agree that change will NOT happen without us ALL being consulted, ya *feckers (management is a costly and demoralising joke- Hey, FatRico target them feckers and you might just win us over to some POSITIVE changes)...
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3347
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Wet PDA's
I would advise against photographing collection barcodes. If it becomes known to management and you have an issue while performing a collection, it potentially implies you aren't clearing the box. A colleague got suspended for a collection mixup that he tried to resolve by scanning a photo of the barcode he had on hand.
The machine stops.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Wet PDA's
The issue of scanning photos of barcodes in postboxes was raised by our DOM recently as there were a couple of instances of this happening in our DO. Not quite sure how but it appears RM can detect this has happened as opposed to the physical barcode inside the box being scanned. It used to be possible, I think with the previous PDAs, to type in the barcode letters & numbers from the postbox barcodes but this does not work either. I think there was a genuine reason for it happening in our DO but it's another heads up that the 'police state' system within RM is increasing with a complete lack of trust by RM in the workforce.Mr Rush wrote:I would advise against photographing collection barcodes. If it becomes known to management and you have an issue while performing a collection, it potentially implies you aren't clearing the box. A colleague got suspended for a collection mixup that he tried to resolve by scanning a photo of the barcode he had on hand.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Wet PDA's
They might be using the GPS location if the photo has been scanned away from the box locationCelgar wrote:The issue of scanning photos of barcodes in postboxes was raised by our DOM recently as there were a couple of instances of this happening in our DO. Not quite sure how but it appears RM can detect this has happened as opposed to the physical barcode inside the box being scanned. It used to be possible, I think with the previous PDAs, to type in the barcode letters & numbers from the postbox barcodes but this does not work either. I think there was a genuine reason for it happening in our DO but it's another heads up that the 'police state' system within RM is increasing with a complete lack of trust by RM in the workforce.Mr Rush wrote:I would advise against photographing collection barcodes. If it becomes known to management and you have an issue while performing a collection, it potentially implies you aren't clearing the box. A colleague got suspended for a collection mixup that he tried to resolve by scanning a photo of the barcode he had on hand.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Wet PDA's
Yes that can still be done if for example there are problems downloading the collections onto the PDA. Nothing wrong with doing adhoc collections and you cannot get in trouble for doing that.yellowbelly wrote:That works for me.Deadly wrote:I thought the barcode could still be scanned without a collection route, scan it and add it as an adhoc collection.
The issue was raised by our DOM again the other day regarding the OP. Another managerial bod further up the chain let our DOM know that the office acceptance code to say all postboxes had been emptied was done on one PDA just a minute after the last postbox was emptied. Given all but one of our walks are rural this is impossible to achieve. I think there is a reason for it happening in our DO and some confusion over what has happened. Nevertheless it has been pointed out to us it isn't a good idea to take a photo of postbox barcodes on your mobile phone then to scan that photo with the PDA. I don't own a mobile phone so I don't know if this is possible to do but it's a heads up to not do this anyway.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.