Hi
Had a really bad dose of the flu this week & literally unable to move from my house,however I’ve been told I need to attend a sick clinic tomorrow morning at work otherwise my pay is getting stopped.Ive had no sick in 10 months whereas others in my office are constantly on sick long term yet have no such sanctions imposed..I feel a little targeted here as last week several members off the office were off with the same flu & just self certified for the week I even bought this up but was told the decision had come from higher up?!
Any ideas on this please..
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pay stopped after 3 sick days
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Pay stopped after 3 sick days
A sick clinic? What’s that then?Williamleeds wrote:Hi
Had a really bad dose of the flu this week & literally unable to move from my house,however I’ve been told I need to attend a sick clinic tomorrow morning at work otherwise my pay is getting stopped.Ive had no sick in 10 months whereas others in my office are constantly on sick long term yet have no such sanctions imposed..I feel a little targeted here as last week several members off the office were off with the same flu & just self certified for the week I even bought this up but was told the decision had come from higher up?!
Any ideas on this please..
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Pay stopped after 3 sick days
You self certify for the first 7 days sick
Tell your manager you are too ill to come into work for a face to face meeting, if you do want to speak to them face to face then tell them they are welcome to come to your home but given you are contagious you'd advise them that is not a good idea - tell them that if you are still ill after a week you will see a doctor and get a fit note if necessary.
`They might try and tell you that you NEED to go in for a face to face meeting but you dont - call their bluff. It is illegal to stop your pay if you are keeping in contact with them.
Tell your manager you are too ill to come into work for a face to face meeting, if you do want to speak to them face to face then tell them they are welcome to come to your home but given you are contagious you'd advise them that is not a good idea - tell them that if you are still ill after a week you will see a doctor and get a fit note if necessary.
`They might try and tell you that you NEED to go in for a face to face meeting but you dont - call their bluff. It is illegal to stop your pay if you are keeping in contact with them.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Ciderboy1957
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Pay stopped after 3 sick days
Tried it with me 2 years ago , I asked manager to give it to me in writing , he refused , I didn't go into meeting ,you are of on a short term illness at the moment so as stated it is illegal to stop ur pay , take a grevience out when you return
-
Ciderboy1957
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Pay stopped after 3 sick days
Tried it with me 2 years ago , I asked manager to give it to me in writing , he refused , I didn't go into meeting ,you are of on a short term illness at the moment so as stated it is illegal to stop ur pay , take a grevience out when you return
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Pay stopped after 3 sick days
Tried this with me, was told I had to come in on a Saturday for a meeting. Said I was too ill and dragging my arse to an unqualified medical exam would only delay my return. Didn't show up on the day and the area rep phoned them the following Monday. Dom wouldn't talk to me for weeks afterwards which suited me fine as the guy was, and still is by all accounts, an utter shithouse. ( Where do RM dredge up these dross stoolblossoms from? Prison? Lurking outside battered wives refuges? Dancing for pennies outside Wetherspoons? )
Kick this upstairs to area rep and don't let it drop or the c***s will try it again with some other poor f****r.
P?S. FTM
Kick this upstairs to area rep and don't let it drop or the c***s will try it again with some other poor f****r.
P?S. FTM
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Pay stopped after 3 sick days
I was off with the cold recently and kept the manager updated each day by text to say if i'd be in the next. On the 3rd day he said I need to come for interview/checkup? Asked me to come in at 8am on potentially my 4th day of absence. Told him i'll drop by after 10am when the office is empty. Dont come in 8am when i'm working so definitely not coming in at 8am when i'm not working. I didnt show.
Came to work on the 5th day to resume duties and was told by the rep that RM can stop pay if i dont attend meeting without good cause. Told rep the truth that I wasnt majorly ill so could attend but couldnt be bothered. Even though i got a clip around the ear from the rep, i'm sure he would have blocked any attempt by the manager to stop my pay.
Also there is pressure on management from above to interview / get posties back within a couple of days if its a cold.
Came to work on the 5th day to resume duties and was told by the rep that RM can stop pay if i dont attend meeting without good cause. Told rep the truth that I wasnt majorly ill so could attend but couldnt be bothered. Even though i got a clip around the ear from the rep, i'm sure he would have blocked any attempt by the manager to stop my pay.
Also there is pressure on management from above to interview / get posties back within a couple of days if its a cold.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Pay stopped after 3 sick days
Pressure from above? My heart bleeds. Ask your rep where it is written that RM can stop your pay if you're too ill to attend a quacks kangaroo court. I fully intend to upgrade any cold to influenza from now on. See what the f***ers make of THAT.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Pay stopped after 3 sick days
I’m no expert on this,but the policies are in place for this very reason,and they should be stuck too,does this sort of treatment really go on?it can’t be tolerated surely,they need to be challenged from union reps etc,dig the policy out and simply get them to stick to it,can’t believe they try it on but then nothing surprises me anymore on how this firm is run,and what corruption continues to go on