ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No overtime in pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lukeb32
Posts: 5
Joined: 25 Feb 2019, 17:55
Gender: Male

No overtime in pay

Post by Lukeb32 »

Just moved offices but the transfer apparently hadn’t gone through yet for whatever reason, but has now as of Monday. I have had no overtime in my pay for 4 out of the last 6 weeks. When I get paid what I’m owed I have no overtime in my pay again the next week. I have lots of direct debits coming out this week and a big car bill to pay and cannot borrow money again. I won’t even have enough money to put in my car or buy lunches at work next week. I have again requested it to be paid early but have been told that overtime payments can’t be paid early even though it’s late. Does anyone have any advice please?
picture123
Posts: 121
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

No overtime in pay

Post by picture123 »

They can get a payment done on a Friday it your manager is persistent enough with payroll. Also you should be checking on a Monday that all overtime has been sent to your old managwr in input on psp before cut off on tuesday
Lukeb32
Posts: 5
Joined: 25 Feb 2019, 17:55
Gender: Male

No overtime in pay

Post by Lukeb32 »

picture123 wrote:They can get a payment done on a Friday it your manager is persistent enough with payroll. Also you should be checking on a Monday that all overtime has been sent to your old managwr in input on psp before cut off on tuesday


Thanks. My new DOM emails over my hours and showed me proof that this was done on Monday but wasn’t paid out by my old DOM for the fourth time. My old DOM has told me they won’t pay it early because my basic was there but I have no money for work next week as I am under 25 and don’t have a lot saved and have been borrowing because of this. I contacted HR and they just said the manager will have to contact them but he doesn’t seem to interested as I’m over in another DO now.