ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Savings

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Scama_bug
Posts: 35
Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 22:43
Gender: Male

Savings

Post by Scama_bug »

Does anyone have any saving account that is taken straight from the salary?

Is it worth having one? I had a look on the forum at the other topics but all I found was discussions about loans on comm save.

I've seen that there is penny post and comm save but not really sure how it works and if it's worth having an account with them.

Thank you :Boo hoo!
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6696
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Savings

Post by RobertT »

Take a look at their websites for more info:

https://www.pennypostcu.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.commsave.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
sjnb6
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 May 2013, 21:49
Gender: Male

Savings

Post by sjnb6 »

1st class credit union
Glasgow
really easy to deal with
would recommend them
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Savings

Post by robbertwhitton »

sjnb6 wrote:1st class credit union
Glasgow
really easy to deal with
would recommend them
Yep both good for painless savings from your salary
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Savings

Post by Janet Brum »

I totally recommend commsave, I have both a loan and savings with them, they pay around 2,5% for my savings once a year, better than my bank.
They give 5k for 3 years for new members, without asking for a first payment from wages or other requirements.

They do a soft credit check but they don`t care about your credit history, just that you are a employee of RM.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Savings

Post by rambo1 »

Scama_bug wrote:Does anyone have any saving account that is taken straight from the salary?

Is it worth having one? I had a look on the forum at the other topics but all I found was discussions about loans on comm save.

I've seen that there is penny post and comm save but not really sure how it works and if it's worth having an account with them.

Thank you :Boo hoo!
Plenty of banks are offering much more money for simply switching your current account. It's incredibly easy to do. Many have linked regular savers, HSBC, first direct offer 2.75% ( just dropped it from 5%) so just missed that but it's fixed unlike comsave. As it's a regular saver it's only equivalent of around half the interest rate in reality but you'll get £125-£175 for switching depending on the bank. Look at money saving expert.com there's much more to gain than the schemes you are looking at.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Savings

Post by maisymoo04 »

I have been with penny post for a while now every week so easy ,app on ye phone and lap tap , computer , There all good does build up tho you can start saving from £5 week :cuppa :cuppa
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"