ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

d2d s

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
montana banana
Posts: 31
Joined: 21 Feb 2007, 17:53
Gender: Female
Location: london

d2d s

Post by montana banana »

has everyone revived a joint letter from cwu and rm regarding delivery
or rather lack of delivery of d2d s and the plan of action and meetings regarding this
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

d2d s

Post by glenfiddich »

nope
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

d2d s

Post by redneck »

No, but we have had increased pressure put on us by the lino to ensure none are left in the frame after Saturday's delivery and also none dumped in their office. Apparently the amount of returns had reached 'unacceptable' levels! They must have had some kind of directive from walnut row.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

d2d s

Post by Celgar »

montana banana wrote:has everyone revived a joint letter from cwu and rm regarding delivery
or rather lack of delivery of d2d s and the plan of action and meetings regarding this
Sounds like a problem specific to your own DO regarding local problems.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

d2d s

Post by wacko74 »

Yes lots of noise from our DOMS about the ''unacceptable numbers'' of excess items.

I really don't see that D2D's are the great financial money maker that RM claim they are... RM say that delivering only one first class item of mail to a house is unprofitable, so surely it's even more so if that one item is only a D2D? But to deliver your 20% a day means there are plenty of addresses you're going to with just a D2D and nothing else.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

d2d s

Post by yellowbelly »

wacko74 wrote:Yes lots of noise from our DOMS about the ''unacceptable numbers'' of excess items.

I really don't see that D2D's are the great financial money maker that RM claim they are... RM say that delivering only one first class item of mail to a house is unprofitable, so surely it's even more so if that one item is only a D2D? But to deliver your 20% a day means there are plenty of addresses you're going to with just a D2D and nothing else.
Depends what your local policy is - in all the local offices I work in, you put in at least a sixth per day, but you only deliver where you're going with mail.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

d2d s

Post by Woody Guthrie »

montana banana wrote:has everyone revived a joint letter from cwu and rm regarding delivery
or rather lack of delivery of d2d s and the plan of action and meetings regarding this
You've been flagged up as a high impact office. Glasgow's finest Done Corleone impressionist is doing the rounds at the moment kicking names and taking ass or something like that.

I won't name names but most of the senior guys know who I'm talking about.
Only dead fish follow the current
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

d2d s

Post by daveyeff »

yellowbelly wrote:
wacko74 wrote:Yes lots of noise from our DOMS about the ''unacceptable numbers'' of excess items.

I really don't see that D2D's are the great financial money maker that RM claim they are... RM say that delivering only one first class item of mail to a house is unprofitable, so surely it's even more so if that one item is only a D2D? But to deliver your 20% a day means there are plenty of addresses you're going to with just a D2D and nothing else.
Depends what your local policy is - in all the local offices I work in, you put in at least a sixth per day, but you only deliver where you're going with mail.
how does that work then? do you just pull out the D2Ds where you have mail for? that's going to be a pain in the arse when the frame is nearly all double slots.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

d2d s

Post by yellowbelly »

daveyeff wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
wacko74 wrote:Yes lots of noise from our DOMS about the ''unacceptable numbers'' of excess items.

I really don't see that D2D's are the great financial money maker that RM claim they are... RM say that delivering only one first class item of mail to a house is unprofitable, so surely it's even more so if that one item is only a D2D? But to deliver your 20% a day means there are plenty of addresses you're going to with just a D2D and nothing else.
Depends what your local policy is - in all the local offices I work in, you put in at least a sixth per day, but you only deliver where you're going with mail.
how does that work then? do you just pull out the D2Ds where you have mail for? that's going to be a pain in the arse when the frame is nearly all double slots.
Except in the situation you describe of course.......the regulars around here are fortunate to have their frames set up with the majority as single slots......
Marshamp11
Posts: 437
Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
Gender: Male

d2d s

Post by Marshamp11 »

I prep into frame 1/6th and take out 1/6th regardless if I have mail for an address or not. I already go over my time and book without D2Ds so they just create more overtime so I do them to RM methods because its the most time consuming way to do them. There rules not mine.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

d2d s

Post by wacko74 »

Marshamp11 wrote:I prep into frame 1/6th and take out 1/6th regardless if I have mail for an address or not. I already go over my time and book without D2Ds so they just create more overtime so I do them to RM methods because its the most time consuming way to do them. There rules not mine.

Yes I do pretty much the same, resulting in me booking approx 15 minutes a day extra for 1 set of D2D's, more if there are 2,3 ,4 sets... like I said I really don't think D2D's are as profitable as they like to think they are.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

d2d s

Post by deltaforce »

No one who delivers is keen on them, but without them there will be even more hours taken out of your office.