has everyone revived a joint letter from cwu and rm regarding delivery
or rather lack of delivery of d2d s and the plan of action and meetings regarding this
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
d2d s
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
d2d s
No, but we have had increased pressure put on us by the lino to ensure none are left in the frame after Saturday's delivery and also none dumped in their office. Apparently the amount of returns had reached 'unacceptable' levels! They must have had some kind of directive from walnut row.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
d2d s
Sounds like a problem specific to your own DO regarding local problems.montana banana wrote:has everyone revived a joint letter from cwu and rm regarding delivery
or rather lack of delivery of d2d s and the plan of action and meetings regarding this
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
d2d s
Yes lots of noise from our DOMS about the ''unacceptable numbers'' of excess items.
I really don't see that D2D's are the great financial money maker that RM claim they are... RM say that delivering only one first class item of mail to a house is unprofitable, so surely it's even more so if that one item is only a D2D? But to deliver your 20% a day means there are plenty of addresses you're going to with just a D2D and nothing else.
I really don't see that D2D's are the great financial money maker that RM claim they are... RM say that delivering only one first class item of mail to a house is unprofitable, so surely it's even more so if that one item is only a D2D? But to deliver your 20% a day means there are plenty of addresses you're going to with just a D2D and nothing else.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
d2d s
Depends what your local policy is - in all the local offices I work in, you put in at least a sixth per day, but you only deliver where you're going with mail.wacko74 wrote:Yes lots of noise from our DOMS about the ''unacceptable numbers'' of excess items.
I really don't see that D2D's are the great financial money maker that RM claim they are... RM say that delivering only one first class item of mail to a house is unprofitable, so surely it's even more so if that one item is only a D2D? But to deliver your 20% a day means there are plenty of addresses you're going to with just a D2D and nothing else.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
d2d s
You've been flagged up as a high impact office. Glasgow's finest Done Corleone impressionist is doing the rounds at the moment kicking names and taking ass or something like that.montana banana wrote:has everyone revived a joint letter from cwu and rm regarding delivery
or rather lack of delivery of d2d s and the plan of action and meetings regarding this
I won't name names but most of the senior guys know who I'm talking about.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
d2d s
how does that work then? do you just pull out the D2Ds where you have mail for? that's going to be a pain in the arse when the frame is nearly all double slots.yellowbelly wrote:Depends what your local policy is - in all the local offices I work in, you put in at least a sixth per day, but you only deliver where you're going with mail.wacko74 wrote:Yes lots of noise from our DOMS about the ''unacceptable numbers'' of excess items.
I really don't see that D2D's are the great financial money maker that RM claim they are... RM say that delivering only one first class item of mail to a house is unprofitable, so surely it's even more so if that one item is only a D2D? But to deliver your 20% a day means there are plenty of addresses you're going to with just a D2D and nothing else.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
d2d s
Except in the situation you describe of course.......the regulars around here are fortunate to have their frames set up with the majority as single slots......daveyeff wrote:how does that work then? do you just pull out the D2Ds where you have mail for? that's going to be a pain in the arse when the frame is nearly all double slots.yellowbelly wrote:Depends what your local policy is - in all the local offices I work in, you put in at least a sixth per day, but you only deliver where you're going with mail.wacko74 wrote:Yes lots of noise from our DOMS about the ''unacceptable numbers'' of excess items.
I really don't see that D2D's are the great financial money maker that RM claim they are... RM say that delivering only one first class item of mail to a house is unprofitable, so surely it's even more so if that one item is only a D2D? But to deliver your 20% a day means there are plenty of addresses you're going to with just a D2D and nothing else.
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
d2d s
I prep into frame 1/6th and take out 1/6th regardless if I have mail for an address or not. I already go over my time and book without D2Ds so they just create more overtime so I do them to RM methods because its the most time consuming way to do them. There rules not mine.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
d2d s
Marshamp11 wrote:I prep into frame 1/6th and take out 1/6th regardless if I have mail for an address or not. I already go over my time and book without D2Ds so they just create more overtime so I do them to RM methods because its the most time consuming way to do them. There rules not mine.
Yes I do pretty much the same, resulting in me booking approx 15 minutes a day extra for 1 set of D2D's, more if there are 2,3 ,4 sets... like I said I really don't think D2D's are as profitable as they like to think they are.