ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No back to work interviews

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Johhnytheboy
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Sep 2018, 12:09
Gender: Male

No back to work interviews

Post by Johhnytheboy »

Hi All
I have not had any back to interviews on my last two absences which were in February and April.Can I appeal against these on my attendance interview with a Union Rep.
Cheers for any advise
Superdude
Posts: 55
Joined: 15 Mar 2019, 18:27
Gender: Male

No back to work interviews

Post by Superdude »

I had a stage meeting after four absences. Before the meeting our area rep. went to the managers office to get my personnel file, which turned out to be in a managers desk. I know i’d had two back to work interviews but there were none in my file. The rep. came back after about fifteen minutes & told me that, because of this, there wouldn’t be a stage meeting & therefore no stage. I was also advised to be as vague as possible in regards to any such absences or interviews. Tell your rep. this.
Johhnytheboy
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Sep 2018, 12:09
Gender: Male

No back to work interviews

Post by Johhnytheboy »

Many thanks I will be speaking to my rep this morning.
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

No back to work interviews

Post by FirstPost »

Does no back to work interview technically mean you haven't been absent?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

No back to work interviews

Post by k979aaa »

No back to work interview is a welcome back and what can we do for you. But if you came back and did not have one and you went off with the same issues how would that look on an RTU appeal? Stage warnings are from HR so it is not the crime but the time that triggers them ie days on the sick normally 14 days or more in 12 months!