Hi there, hoping somebody on here can help or at least advise.
I was placed on a Stage 1 back in June after a few days with food poisoning it was my first sickness in over 6 months & I thought I’d be clear of sickness, however my Lino said not. The stage included 2 days off for a groin strain, 2 days for another issue, the 3 days for food poisoning & 10 days back in Aug 2018 with Mental Health Issues.
During the summer of 2019 I contracted a serious Prostate infection which caused further infections in the area. When I finally returned to work after much pressure I was placed on a stage 2 & warned that further Sickness would end in my dismissal.
The infection has returned & my Dom has told me I mustn’t go sick, I could go light duties which is fine but if the infection gets to the levels I the summer I won’t be able to manage light duties either. My Dr has suggested some tests & that may lead to an operation which would obviously lead to some further time off. Does anybody here no where I stand officially? Thanks in advance everybody.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sickness Stage help
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Sickness Stage help
I believe if it's the same illness it doesn't count .
-
smileski
- Posts: 185
- Joined: 16 Aug 2007, 17:38
Sickness Stage help
With all due respect, that's terrible advice....Dindin wrote:I believe if it's the same illness it doesn't count .
Of course it can be counted if its the same illness.
What the OP needs to do is ask for occupational health to assess you, see if your condition can be considered under the equality act.
You need to ask your manager for a formal meeting to discuss your attendance (which you can do under the attendance procedure) and give them all the facts about possible upcoming treatment and the effect that may have on your ability to attend work.
Take your union rep with you and make sure there is a written record of this meeting.
other factors..... Did you get assessed by occupational health regarding the 10 days for mental health issues?
If you do need an operation and that would put an end to your condition, it should be argued that this absence would be 'correctional' and lead to better attendance.
-
Rhino14
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Sickness Stage help
Thankyou that is great advice. No I wasn’t assessed by oh for the MH issue, my Dom seems to try an avoid oh where he can. I’ll speak to him tomorrow.
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Sickness Stage help
Ok.thats what I believed you must be a good cwu repsmileski wrote:With all due respect, that's terrible advice....Dindin wrote:I believe if it's the same illness it doesn't count .
Of course it can be counted if its the same illness.
What the OP needs to do is ask for occupational health to assess you, see if your condition can be considered under the equality act.
You need to ask your manager for a formal meeting to discuss your attendance (which you can do under the attendance procedure) and give them all the facts about possible upcoming treatment and the effect that may have on your ability to attend work.
Take your union rep with you and make sure there is a written record of this meeting.
other factors..... Did you get assessed by occupational health regarding the 10 days for mental health issues?
If you do need an operation and that would put an end to your condition, it should be argued that this absence would be 'correctional' and lead to better attendance.
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Sickness Stage help
Are there any other opinions on this ?