ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D to holiday lets
-
Jeppol
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 06 Sep 2011, 15:20
- Gender: Male
D2D to holiday lets
My delivery has a lot of holiday let properties on it to which I never deliver D2D as I never go to them with normal mail. Someone in our office ( not a manager ) has pointed out that I am supposed to deliver to such properties. Can anyone clarify the situation on delivering D2D to holiday rental properties ?
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
D2D to holiday lets
If they have their own slots in the frame - then I would think you do.Jeppol wrote:My delivery has a lot of holiday let properties on it to which I never deliver D2D as I never go to them with normal mail. Someone in our office ( not a manager ) has pointed out that I am supposed to deliver to such properties. Can anyone clarify the situation on delivering D2D to holiday rental properties ?
-
Jeppol
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 06 Sep 2011, 15:20
- Gender: Male
D2D to holiday lets
It just seems ridiculous having to deliver to properties you know are either empty or have holidaymakers in them who aren’t going to be interested in D2D.JKSmudge wrote:If they have their own slots in the frame - then I would think you do.Jeppol wrote:My delivery has a lot of holiday let properties on it to which I never deliver D2D as I never go to them with normal mail. Someone in our office ( not a manager ) has pointed out that I am supposed to deliver to such properties. Can anyone clarify the situation on delivering D2D to holiday rental properties ?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
D2D to holiday lets
The owners have the right to opt out.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
D2D to holiday lets
Yes you should be delivering them,royal mail's customer has paid for them to be delivered regardless of whether you think you shouldn't bother,I'd just deliver them if I were you, in fact some of the holidaymakers might be glad of a local fast food delivery/supermarket vouchers etc.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
D2D to holiday lets
How do you know they or empty or have no interest your job could be on the line if not delivered.Jeppol wrote:It just seems ridiculous having to deliver to properties you know are either empty or have holidaymakers in them who aren’t going to be interested in D2D.JKSmudge wrote:If they have their own slots in the frame - then I would think you do.Jeppol wrote:My delivery has a lot of holiday let properties on it to which I never deliver D2D as I never go to them with normal mail. Someone in our office ( not a manager ) has pointed out that I am supposed to deliver to such properties. Can anyone clarify the situation on delivering D2D to holiday rental properties ?
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
D2D to holiday lets
I have this on mine, a few complain, when they are here, I explain to them that it is keeping me in a job, however if they feel that strongly I give them customer care number to opt out, few do, they just like to have a go, yes you should be delivering your door to doors, do you seem to have a lot left each week??
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
D2D to holiday lets
Are they on the A+ which would mean you would have slots or box on frame so they come from the walk bundling centre with the correct amount or is this some arse manager trying to get rid of D2D on the side your side and your leg work!
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
D2D to holiday lets
I suppose it is a tricky one, d2d's are, as far as I'm aware, supposed to be delivered to all residential addresses but not commercial addresses.
So is a holiday let classed as a residential address or a business address?
Just because the property looks to all intents and purpose like an ordinary house, if it is only being used as a holiday let then it is an entirely commercial property and not a residential one.
(Incidentally I bet a lot of holiday let owners have it registered as their ''main residence'' for tax avoidance reasons)
So is a holiday let classed as a residential address or a business address?
Just because the property looks to all intents and purpose like an ordinary house, if it is only being used as a holiday let then it is an entirely commercial property and not a residential one.
(Incidentally I bet a lot of holiday let owners have it registered as their ''main residence'' for tax avoidance reasons)
-
Jeppol
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 06 Sep 2011, 15:20
- Gender: Male
D2D to holiday lets
yes I do have quite a few left over each week. They're having a crackdown on d2d in our office so I'll just have to start delivering them to every address regardless of whether it's a holiday let or not.apple wrote:I have this on mine, a few complain, when they are here, I explain to them that it is keeping me in a job, however if they feel that strongly I give them customer care number to opt out, few do, they just like to have a go, yes you should be delivering your door to doors, do you seem to have a lot left each week??
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
D2D to holiday lets
The sheets that are issued with the D2D's to indicate which you have done during the week should statewacko74 wrote:I suppose it is a tricky one, d2d's are, as far as I'm aware, supposed to be delivered to all residential addresses but not commercial addresses.
So is a holiday let classed as a residential address or a business address?
...............
whether it is a deliver to residential only or all addresses.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
D2D to holiday lets
Holidaymakers that are not interested in Pizzas or other local fast food takeaway services ?????? REALLY ! ! !Jeppol wrote: It just seems ridiculous having to deliver to properties you know are either empty or have holidaymakers in them who aren’t going to be interested in D2D.
Just deliver the mail you are given on a daily basis as specified. It's all revenue that helps pay our wages and put food on the table. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of part-time collegues who decide to cut corners, make up their own rules ... and then moan about why they cannot get full-time hours ! ! !
As Clash says... the property owner can opt out if he/she wishes. If not then it's a delivery point and the "slamming" of mail has consequences ?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
D2D to holiday lets
The DOM gets it in the neck if there are a lot of spare D2Ds. I have to hand the spares in with a list of how many of each but it's usually less than ten of each if that.Jeppol wrote:yes I do have quite a few left over each week. They're having a crackdown on d2d in our office so I'll just have to start delivering them to every address regardless of whether it's a holiday let or not.apple wrote:I have this on mine, a few complain, when they are here, I explain to them that it is keeping me in a job, however if they feel that strongly I give them customer care number to opt out, few do, they just like to have a go, yes you should be delivering your door to doors, do you seem to have a lot left each week??
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.