ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pregnancy and working in delivery.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Pregnancy and working in delivery.

Post by GRS »

I’m 4 months pregnant and so far all is going well work wise. Does anyone have any advise or any guidelines to point me to regarding working on delivery. My office is a DO only so there’s not scope to move to indoor work only. Just thinking ahead as I’m a reserve and obviously we’re getting near to our busiest time and I worry might start finding some deliveries and days tough. Thanks!
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Pregnancy and working in delivery.

Post by doorstepped »

have you spoken to your area H&S rep yet?
you should have already had at least one assesment by them and are probably due to have another one now you are 16 weeks gone.

they will help you no end with all stages of your work etc.
B12e88
Posts: 8
Joined: 26 May 2019, 17:30
Gender: Female

Pregnancy and working in delivery.

Post by B12e88 »

Hey im currently 7 months pregnant. You should have at least 3 health and safety risk assesments during your pregnancy(i was told this by the health and safety officer).
You shouldnt be doing anything heavy lifting or stretching, they have to find you work in a different depot if you cant work indoors in your DO.
Also dont take any crap from them, my managers would happily have me still out on delivery had i not put my foot down!
BLUEROBIN
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 Jan 2019, 16:52
Gender: Female

Re: Pregnancy and working in delivery.

Post by BLUEROBIN »

Hi, at what stages of the pregnancy do you need to undertake these 3 risk assessments?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Pregnancy and working in delivery.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

each trimester I would guess
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Pregnancy and working in delivery.

Post by robbertwhitton »

I wish you well,be interesting as to what you should get and expect and what you actually get,this company is great at deviating on matters like this if it doesn’t suit them and they have to spend time managing it,so good luck,I’m thinking as ever it will be a battle to get what you should.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Re: Pregnancy and working in delivery.

Post by rogersh »

If you are not aware of Maternity leave entitlement/procedure this link may be useful;
https://www.cwu.org/media/6690/cwu__129 ... acts_r.pdf

Also;
You can use this letter template to request your maternity leave.

[Your address]

[Company address]

Dear [name of employer/manager]

Ref: Request for maternity leave

National Insurance No:[add number]

I am writing to let you know that I’m pregnant and to notify you of when I want to start my maternity leave. My baby is due in the week beginning[insert date] and my MATB1 certificate, which confirms this, is enclosed. I understand that I qualify for 52 weeks' maternity leave, made up of 26 weeks ordinary maternity leave and a further 26 weeks additional maternity leave.

My understanding is that I will be entitled to the first 26 weeks’ maternity leave paid at the full pay rate then receive 13 weeks Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP).

I would like to start my maternity leave and pay on [insert date]. I understand that if I wish to change this date I have to give you at least 28 days’ notice.

If my leave starts on my intended date, my[ordinary/additional] maternity leave will finish on [insert date]. I am therefore due back to work on [insert date].

Please could you confirm the date I am due back at work. I hope this is all satisfactory and I look forward to hearing from you with confirmation of the above.

Yours faithfully, [Your name here]



Ante-natal appointments: If you can’t arrange appointments for outside of working hours, your manager will give you time off to attend appointments if you are one of the following: • Pregnant women – paid time off to attend antenatal appointments. •