ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Gloves.......

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
smartecosse
Posts: 131
Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
Gender: Male

Gloves.......

Post by smartecosse »

I am going to need some decent gloves for the colder weather as I suffer from Reynauds.

Any suggestions for ones that do good job and are also waterproof to a certain extent?

Should I be looking for a fingerless pair or a normal pair and just cut the finger/thumbs off as required?

Thanks
apple
Posts: 496
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
Gender: Male
Location: Pluto

Gloves.......

Post by apple »

https://www.polimil.co.uk/clothing/clot ... beige.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I use these if you can get a pair as they seem not be on the sealskin site any more
smartecosse
Posts: 131
Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
Gender: Male

Gloves.......

Post by smartecosse »

Thanks for the link, they look quite good.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Gloves.......

Post by leolion855 »

Have a look at motorcycle gloves as they are thicker for winter and remove which ever fingers are necessary. i also suffer.
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Gloves.......

Post by meercat »

A few tips which might help - wear a hat as it will keep you warmer all over, put petroleum jelly on your hands to keep them warm, if you cut just the tips off gloves you will have less skin uncovered, two pairs of gloves for very wet days is a good idea and change over to the dry ones after they get waterlogged.
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Gloves.......

Post by Trail »

smartecosse wrote:I am going to need some decent gloves for the colder weather as I suffer from Reynauds.

Any suggestions for ones that do good job and are also waterproof to a certain extent?

Should I be looking for a fingerless pair or a normal pair and just cut the finger/thumbs off as required?

Thanks
You can't wear gloves if you're trying to deliver letters, you can't split the post apart.

Man up and wear no gloves.
smartecosse
Posts: 131
Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
Gender: Male

Gloves.......

Post by smartecosse »

Trail wrote:
smartecosse wrote:I am going to need some decent gloves for the colder weather as I suffer from Reynauds.

Any suggestions for ones that do good job and are also waterproof to a certain extent?

Should I be looking for a fingerless pair or a normal pair and just cut the finger/thumbs off as required?

Thanks
You can't wear gloves if you're trying to deliver letters, you can't split the post apart.

Man up and wear no gloves.
I'd love not to wear gloves, unfortunately due to a medical condition I need to, sometimes even in summer.

Thanks for the helpful reply though ;)
Gasman11
Posts: 272
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
Gender: Male

Gloves.......

Post by Gasman11 »

Trail wrote:
smartecosse wrote:I am going to need some decent gloves for the colder weather as I suffer from Reynauds.

Any suggestions for ones that do good job and are also waterproof to a certain extent?

Should I be looking for a fingerless pair or a normal pair and just cut the finger/thumbs off as required?

Thanks
You can't wear gloves if you're trying to deliver letters, you can't split the post apart.

Man up and wear no gloves.
You can with those blue ones with the pimples on the fingers that RM issue, they are thin enough to still feel the mail and the pimples allow you to grip and sort the letters. Only problem is your pda, you'd have to cut the finger tip off one of the gloves to be able to press the screen.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Gloves.......

Post by k979aaa »

Gasman11 wrote:
Trail wrote:
smartecosse wrote:I am going to need some decent gloves for the colder weather as I suffer from Reynauds.

Any suggestions for ones that do good job and are also waterproof to a certain extent?

Should I be looking for a fingerless pair or a normal pair and just cut the finger/thumbs off as required?

Thanks
You can't wear gloves if you're trying to deliver letters, you can't split the post apart.

Man up and wear no gloves.
You can with those blue ones with the pimples on the fingers that RM issue, they are thin enough to still feel the mail and the pimples allow you to grip and sort the letters. Only problem is your pda, you'd have to cut the finger tip off one of the gloves to be able to press the screen.
Or buy a conductive pen type device they cost 50p before brexit.
rubytuesday
Posts: 3
Joined: 24 Sep 2016, 15:28
Gender: Female

Gloves.......

Post by rubytuesday »

I bought touch screen gloves from Tiso last year. Cost £22 but made a huge difference. They’re not 100% perfect, but they give enough dexterity so you can use the stylus to touch the pda screen instead. Result is you don’t have to take your gloves off - no more hot aches! I found I can easily separate mail from bundle no probs.
Harv12
Posts: 158
Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
Gender: Male

Gloves.......

Post by Harv12 »

https://www.sealskinz.com/gloves/ultra- ... -black.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sxsrf=A ... CAg&uact=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


iv a pair of these, water proof touch screen proof and your able to flick through mail no problems
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Gloves.......

Post by LouBarlow »

You could try disposable, surgery like gloves, under regular fingerless gloves. It helps, but still not perfect. It allows you to maintain the feeling in your finger tips you need when flicking through letters etc.