ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Xmas Pressure

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
magicw
Posts: 111
Joined: 11 May 2013, 14:50
Gender: Male

Xmas Pressure

Post by magicw »

Sorry to introduce this topic so early on in the year!

Christmas Pressure. Its my 50th Birthday on December the 2nd 2020. Leave forms are going around for 20/21 picks but it states for our unit Christmas pressure will be week commencing 29/11/20

to 24/11/20 so basically 4 weeks, no leave can be booked. I had hoped that pressure would be 3 weeks only ( It normally is) and called W/C 7/12/20 to the 24/12/20.

Can they call Four Weeks pressure and Block leave for that long? This is despite the fact that most years a large number of our Unit dont get to book all their leave and have to carry it over any way.

I really dont want to work my 5Oth , I ve got stuff planned.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Xmas Pressure

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Our office is Xmas pressure from mid November now,no leave from then :cry
magicw
Posts: 111
Joined: 11 May 2013, 14:50
Gender: Male

Xmas Pressure

Post by magicw »

Bahia Feliz wrote:Our office is Xmas pressure from mid November now,no leave from then :cry

Bloody Hell. I really did think they were only allowed to call 3 weeks on it. Anyone know if there are any set agreements.
ninja
Posts: 193
Joined: 08 Sep 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Xmas Pressure

Post by ninja »

It contained within the working time directive section of the wayforward agreement page 44
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sirchewey
Posts: 99
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
Gender: Male

Xmas Pressure

Post by sirchewey »

ninja wrote:It contained within the working time directive section of the wayforward agreement page 44
Nice to see it hasn't been updated for 20 years lol
magicw wrote: Christmas Pressure. Its my 50th Birthday on December the 2nd 2020. Leave forms are going around for 20/21 picks but it states for our unit Christmas pressure will be week commencing 29/11/20 to 24/11/20 so basically 4 weeks, no leave can be booked. I had hoped that pressure would be 3 weeks only ( It normally is) and called W/C 7/12/20 to the 24/12/20.
Can they call Four Weeks pressure and Block leave for that long? This is despite the fact that most years a large number of our Unit dont get to book all their leave and have to carry it over any way.
I really dont want to work my 5Oth , I ve got stuff planned.
I'm sure if you have plans then swap some days off with a work mate, get them to change your day off or work an extra day to have one off in lieu. I'm sure you could sort it
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Xmas Pressure

Post by twoloops »

Keep your mouth shut & enjoy your Birthday week off, Happy 50th Birthday & look after that bad back :nana
buntin
Posts: 100
Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
Gender: Male

Xmas Pressure

Post by buntin »

As above !!!!!
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Xmas Pressure

Post by Celgar »

As the public are ordering their presents online earlier in November the Xmas pressure is being extended further into November. I think we already had it from the last week in November to Xmas Eve inclusive so that's over four weeks. I think this year we are adding the third week in November with less AL slots available.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Xmas Pressure

Post by Navalron »

twoloops wrote:Keep your mouth shut & enjoy your Birthday week off, Happy 50th Birthday & look after that bad back :nana

:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :cuppa