Sorry to introduce this topic so early on in the year!
Christmas Pressure. Its my 50th Birthday on December the 2nd 2020. Leave forms are going around for 20/21 picks but it states for our unit Christmas pressure will be week commencing 29/11/20
to 24/11/20 so basically 4 weeks, no leave can be booked. I had hoped that pressure would be 3 weeks only ( It normally is) and called W/C 7/12/20 to the 24/12/20.
Can they call Four Weeks pressure and Block leave for that long? This is despite the fact that most years a large number of our Unit dont get to book all their leave and have to carry it over any way.
I really dont want to work my 5Oth , I ve got stuff planned.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Xmas Pressure
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Xmas Pressure
Our office is Xmas pressure from mid November now,no leave from then 
-
magicw
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 11 May 2013, 14:50
- Gender: Male
Xmas Pressure
Bahia Feliz wrote:Our office is Xmas pressure from mid November now,no leave from then
Bloody Hell. I really did think they were only allowed to call 3 weeks on it. Anyone know if there are any set agreements.
-
ninja
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 08 Sep 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Xmas Pressure
It contained within the working time directive section of the wayforward agreement page 44
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
sirchewey
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
- Gender: Male
Xmas Pressure
Nice to see it hasn't been updated for 20 years lolninja wrote:It contained within the working time directive section of the wayforward agreement page 44
I'm sure if you have plans then swap some days off with a work mate, get them to change your day off or work an extra day to have one off in lieu. I'm sure you could sort itmagicw wrote: Christmas Pressure. Its my 50th Birthday on December the 2nd 2020. Leave forms are going around for 20/21 picks but it states for our unit Christmas pressure will be week commencing 29/11/20 to 24/11/20 so basically 4 weeks, no leave can be booked. I had hoped that pressure would be 3 weeks only ( It normally is) and called W/C 7/12/20 to the 24/12/20.
Can they call Four Weeks pressure and Block leave for that long? This is despite the fact that most years a large number of our Unit dont get to book all their leave and have to carry it over any way.
I really dont want to work my 5Oth , I ve got stuff planned.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Xmas Pressure
Keep your mouth shut & enjoy your Birthday week off, Happy 50th Birthday & look after that bad back 
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Xmas Pressure
As the public are ordering their presents online earlier in November the Xmas pressure is being extended further into November. I think we already had it from the last week in November to Xmas Eve inclusive so that's over four weeks. I think this year we are adding the third week in November with less AL slots available.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Xmas Pressure
twoloops wrote:Keep your mouth shut & enjoy your Birthday week off, Happy 50th Birthday & look after that bad back