ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Optima Health Assessment.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

Optima Health Assessment.

Post by Si3640 »

I had my OH telephone assessment and the nurse on the phone stated that she doesn't forsee a return to work in my current condition and is sending report to my DOM today. She also stated that i need a phone consultaion woth a doctor because he can only say yes to ill health. But i thought with the nurse saying no return to work can't my DOM make a decision off that??

Cheers.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Optima Health Assessment.

Post by hothothot »

I had exactly the same thing with oh assist , I think it needs a qualified doctor to make a final decision on ihr.
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

Optima Health Assessment.

Post by Si3640 »

I just needed to see if anyone is in the same boat, i think ultimately the decision is down to your manager and OH are only there to advise RM.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Optima Health Assessment.

Post by hothothot »

The oh assist doctor will advise hr on ihr it's up to hr not your dom
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Optima Health Assessment.

Post by aiden01 »

Si3640 wrote:I just needed to see if anyone is in the same boat, i think ultimately the decision is down to your manager and OH are only there to advise RM.
How can your manager make the decision is he a qualified doctor.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Optima Health Assessment.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

aiden01 wrote:
Si3640 wrote:I just needed to see if anyone is in the same boat, i think ultimately the decision is down to your manager and OH are only there to advise RM.
How can your manager make the decision is he a qualified doctor.

They are right in a certain way. Even if a Doctor advises IHR is the best way to go, it is only advice. RM will make the final decision, but it will probably be someone in HR who has the final say so.

However, it would be unusual for them to go against medical opinions.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.