ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Unpaid leave?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
toonshola
Posts: 917
Joined: 29 Jul 2011, 16:31
Gender: Male

Unpaid leave?

Post by toonshola »

Wondering if anyone could answer a quick question. Basically in a few weeks I have a job interview and i know I’ll not be able to get time off for it so was planning on just going sick a couple of days. If the interview goes well the next stage is assessment day/another interview and of course I’ll probably be facing the same situation with trying to get days off and wouldn’t want to go sick again so soon. So was just wondering if I approached manager and asked for say 2/3days unpaid leave what the answer might be? Or is unpaid leave only for family emergencies etc??
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Unpaid leave?

Post by robbertwhitton »

Depends on how fully staffed you are,we are encouraged to have unpaid leave if it suits to save loaning out,if it suits the boss he may be able to help