Recently joined RM and am really enjoying it for the most part. Been in the job about month and a bit and want to move to a closer DO. I spend most of my commute in stand still traffic where as I could be walking to work the other OD is so close. I've looked online and on here and understand that I should use SuccessFactors but It’s my understanding that only works for people who have been in the job for a while. I've spoken to the manager at the other DO and there are vacancies at the office. Should I hand my notice in and reapply? I know it’s risky and sounds dumb but I can't see any other way of doing it.
Another factor is my current DOM and other full timers don't treat part timers such as myself particularly well e.g. forcing absorptions on us making us go over our time, giving us HCT rounds with no prior knowledge of the walk, moaning at us that we come in at a later time to full timers and thus are late finishing, generally talking down to us and treating us poorly. I want to move but I don't want to rise suspicions as my DOM could torpedo my chances if I reapply out of spite
I don't really want to continue working at my current DO for this reason. I really enjoy this job but the way they treat new people baffles me. It’s my understanding that before me quite a number of part timers have quit and now, I know why...
If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it