ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

car cigarette lighter in vans

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
troubadour2012en
Posts: 33
Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 13:40
Gender: Male

car cigarette lighter in vans

Post by troubadour2012en »

Does anyone know if our vans (Combo 1.3) are fitted with (working!) cigarette lighter soket? I seen the soket, but never checked if they work. Sometimes I do overtime, and it would be nice if I coud keep my phone charged during the day...:) Thank you very much!
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

car cigarette lighter in vans

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
troubadour2012en
Posts: 33
Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 13:40
Gender: Male

car cigarette lighter in vans

Post by troubadour2012en »

That's great! Thank you very much indeed, 97gaz!
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

car cigarette lighter in vans

Post by doorstepped »

have got my cool box plugged into mine :)
troubadour2012en
Posts: 33
Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 13:40
Gender: Male

car cigarette lighter in vans

Post by troubadour2012en »

wow, that's a good ideea too!..:)))
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

car cigarette lighter in vans

Post by centenaryman »

dropped the key once...got a big flash as it went in the socket LOL
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

car cigarette lighter in vans

Post by wacko74 »

In the days when we were taken out 4 or 5 (or more :wink: ) in a van, if I was upfront I would sometimes press the lighter in then shout catch as I tossed it in to the back.

Gave me a laugh anyway.
Startingover
Posts: 48
Joined: 06 Jun 2018, 21:04
Gender: Male

car cigarette lighter in vans

Post by Startingover »

It can depend on the age of the vehicle. I've been in some where the socket is no longer connected to the vehicle! So don't rely on this to charge your phone etc. Be an idea to carry a power bank with you etc.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

car cigarette lighter in vans

Post by ted_e_bear »

troubadour2012en wrote:Does anyone know if our vans (Combo 1.3) are fitted with (working!) cigarette lighter soket? I seen the soket, but never checked if they work. Sometimes I do overtime, and it would be nice if I coud keep my phone charged during the day...:) Thank you very much!
Yeah they should work, just take a cheapy charger to work try plugging it in and see what happens ?
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

car cigarette lighter in vans

Post by ted_e_bear »

doorstepped wrote:have got my cool box plugged into mine :)
Ace idea, was in Halfords last week in the heatwave, saw them on sale for taking camping etc.
par4mrl
Posts: 89
Joined: 21 Feb 2013, 22:34
Gender: Male

car cigarette lighter in vans

Post by par4mrl »

They only work when the engine is switched on so pretty useless for charging a phone