ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
car cigarette lighter in vans
-
troubadour2012en
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 13:40
- Gender: Male
car cigarette lighter in vans
Does anyone know if our vans (Combo 1.3) are fitted with (working!) cigarette lighter soket? I seen the soket, but never checked if they work. Sometimes I do overtime, and it would be nice if I coud keep my phone charged during the day...:) Thank you very much!
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
troubadour2012en
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 13:40
- Gender: Male
car cigarette lighter in vans
That's great! Thank you very much indeed, 97gaz!
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
car cigarette lighter in vans
have got my cool box plugged into mine :)
-
troubadour2012en
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 13:40
- Gender: Male
car cigarette lighter in vans
wow, that's a good ideea too!..:)))
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
car cigarette lighter in vans
dropped the key once...got a big flash as it went in the socket LOL
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
car cigarette lighter in vans
In the days when we were taken out 4 or 5 (or more
) in a van, if I was upfront I would sometimes press the lighter in then shout catch as I tossed it in to the back.
Gave me a laugh anyway.
Gave me a laugh anyway.
-
Startingover
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 06 Jun 2018, 21:04
- Gender: Male
car cigarette lighter in vans
It can depend on the age of the vehicle. I've been in some where the socket is no longer connected to the vehicle! So don't rely on this to charge your phone etc. Be an idea to carry a power bank with you etc.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
car cigarette lighter in vans
Yeah they should work, just take a cheapy charger to work try plugging it in and see what happens ?troubadour2012en wrote:Does anyone know if our vans (Combo 1.3) are fitted with (working!) cigarette lighter soket? I seen the soket, but never checked if they work. Sometimes I do overtime, and it would be nice if I coud keep my phone charged during the day...:) Thank you very much!
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
car cigarette lighter in vans
Ace idea, was in Halfords last week in the heatwave, saw them on sale for taking camping etc.doorstepped wrote:have got my cool box plugged into mine :)
-
par4mrl
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 21 Feb 2013, 22:34
- Gender: Male
car cigarette lighter in vans
They only work when the engine is switched on so pretty useless for charging a phone