ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Eye injury

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jamiechelt
Posts: 74
Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 19:35
Gender: Male

Eye injury

Post by Jamiechelt »

I've hurt my right eye and it's closed up. Would I call in sick or would it be a case of light duties? Never been off work before. I haven't called a doctor, cause I'm thinking it will get better on its own. Didn't happen at work, I've been on holiday.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Eye injury

Post by clashcityrocker »

Is the swelling the result of an impact? Did someone or something hit you in the face?
You might need a doctor to look at it in case you have sustained a fracture.

If there was no impact, is it the result of an infection?
Is it contagious? You would need a doctor to tell you and you shouldn't be going to work.

Where were you on holiday? Is it possibly a reaction to an insect bite?
Some places have venomous beasties. I would get it looked at by a professional.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.