ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

posties on tv

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

posties on tv

Post by leolion855 »

When watching corrie or emmerdale are the posties in the background genuine or actors?
Is there some kind of competition i dont know about to be one?, Do RM hand out equipment and vans willingly to the tv people?
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

posties on tv

Post by Celgar »

Often they are actors and sometimes wear replica or old uniform I think. The EastEnders postie is quite infamous but I don't watch soaps so I don't know what that character wears.
One postie in our DO featured in a documentary on dogs and their relationship with posties , I think on the BBC, a few years ago and did the escaping up the garden path act.
Midsommer Murders is filmed on my walk quite often and a while back they filmed me delivering without my knowledge. This segment was then added to a lot of episodes of the series. I don't watch that programme either but it was pointed out several times to me that I was on there.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Startingover
Posts: 48
Joined: 06 Jun 2018, 21:04
Gender: Male

posties on tv

Post by Startingover »

The van in Emmerdale has actually been provided by RM (dunno about the postie mind). RM will look upon the use of the van as being used as a marketing tool.
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

posties on tv

Post by Mr Blonde »

Whenever I've seen a postie on TV I have never seen them with the insignia (not Consignia) on their uniforms. I'm pretty sure Royal Mail don't allow it.
Bernardson
Posts: 320
Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22

posties on tv

Post by Bernardson »

Are the Postal Workers on RMTV real or actors? I haven't yet met anyone whom speaks the rubbish which is spouted at us from week to week! Why do these workers collaborate with such rubbish? Todays film was all about change in Macd's and Lego.
In my thirty years on the post I have seen change all the time and don't need it shoved in my face. Remember RM's last propaganda onslaught failed miserable with over 90% voting in favour of Industrial Action!
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

posties on tv

Post by yubin282 »

Bernardson wrote:Are the Postal Workers on RMTV real or actors? I haven't yet met anyone whom speaks the rubbish which is spouted at us from week to week! Why do these workers collaborate with such rubbish? Todays film was all about change in Macd's and Lego.
In my thirty years on the post I have seen change all the time and don't need it shoved in my face. Remember RM's last propaganda onslaught failed miserable with over 90% voting in favour of Industrial Action!

At least 1 of them is real I used to work with him many years ago, although not on deliveries. Every video I've seen him is visiting delivery offices for one reason or another,

you know those offices that are always super clean, super tidy with super happy employees who all take there breaks and finish on time everyday.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

posties on tv

Post by Seymour Buts »

I've noticed a couple of Fiat Royal Mail vans on Line of Duty too. Both looked identical so I'd guess they probably are duplicated somehow or just simply the same image photoshopped in. Given it's a brand and registered trade mark surely they'd have to ask though? Free advertising I guess!

As for RM TV, there's one that appears on there who was on the Undateables (Sam?) so he's definately a postie. He was on the show because he has a learning difficulty from memory, asbergers or something similar.
Postie_Rob
Posts: 10
Joined: 16 Jul 2010, 20:34
Gender: Male

posties on tv

Post by Postie_Rob »

I was on TV once on S4C Welsh kids show. It was one of those fly on the wall documentaries and it was the kids birthday. So they wanted to film me posting birthday cards through the letterbox. They contacted my DOM first who OK'd it and then asked me if I wanted to do it. Didn't even have the courtesy to tell me when it was going to be broadcast. Thank god for iplayer.
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

posties on tv

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

Our whole office were on TV once - we were on strike!
Mr Rush
Posts: 3347
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

posties on tv

Post by Mr Rush »

Big productions like Coronation Street and Eastenders are filmed on studio backlots, so any postmen in the background are actors. Smaller soaps will be shot on location. A former colleague was apparently visible on Waterloo Road at least once.
The machine stops.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

posties on tv

Post by baldrick »

The soaps do use genuine posties/police/nurses etc as extras. But they can't have any lines, except maybe a 'good morning'.
Only 'actors' have any dialogue. Extras are relatively well paid (compared to their real jobs). There was a former East Enders postie who worked as a night shift sorter at my old mc. He was earning £50 ph for his extra work, and this was over 10 years ago. But I suppose extras only get a few hours work every now and then.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

posties on tv

Post by 97gaz »

[