ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

IHR Advice.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

IHR Advice.

Post by Si3640 »

I've been off now for 7 months due to a slipped disc at the bottom of my spine, everyday is painful I'm on boat load of medication etc etc. I had a chat with my union rep and dom and all parties have agreed for me being put forward to OH with a view for IHR which the DOM whole heartedly endorses, i was just wondering what the time frame is like say from initial phone call from OH to actually leaving etc...lump sum and all that. Thanks in advance peeps.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

IHR Advice.

Post by hothothot »

Once an oh assist doctor recommends ihr it all goes through very quickly a couple of weeks. You get 34 weeks pay tax free plus up to 12 weeks pilon depending how long you have worked for RM, which is taxed. Don't forget any holiday they owe. If you don't work between now and the new tax year you can claim back any income tax paid for this year. All money owed will be paid in your last ever payslip. Good luck.
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

IHR Advice.

Post by Si3640 »

hothothot wrote:Once an oh assist doctor recommends ihr it all goes through very quickly a couple of weeks. You get 34 weeks pay tax free plus up to 12 weeks pilon depending how long you have worked for RM, which is taxed. Don't forget any holiday they owe. If you don't work between now and the new tax year you can claim back any income tax paid for this year. All money owed will be paid in your last ever payslip. Good luck.
Thanks for that pal I've looked on the other forums but nothing to explanatory..cheers pal. Jist waiting for this phone call now the dom said she would either inform OH Saturday just gone or today.
dawsonmcc
Posts: 26
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 15:53
Gender: Male

IHR Advice.

Post by dawsonmcc »

It not easy with herniated discs I'm in same boat as you I have 2 herniated discs and waiting on an operation to have 2 removed and a spinal fusion done I have been off 4 months now and waiting list for consultant to get the operation done could be 6 months. My DIM is trying for IHR as well but I'm resisting as I'm sure that they can not pay you off with I'll heath retirement until the operation and then if only it will take more than 9 months to recover then they can use the reasonable time limit to pay you off. Oh I have only 16 years service and enjoy my job.
But good luck if you are wanting out pal.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

IHR Advice.

Post by hothothot »

I got ihr with arthritis in my spine , back problems are a common problem with this job. i was 58 when offered ihr so it suited me. apart from my back it was the best thing that could have happened to me.
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

IHR Advice.

Post by Si3640 »

hothothot wrote:I got ihr with arthritis in my spine , back problems are a common problem with this job. i was 58 when offered ihr so it suited me. apart from my back it was the best thing that could have happened to me.
I'm only 38 and unfortunately it runs in the family, don't get me wrong i like the job alot and made alot of good friends, but I've got to think about my family, got a 1 yr old and a 8 year old and not to sound dramatic but i don't to be knackered for the sake of them so ihr seems a good idea. I'm not saying I'll never work again but for now i want to get my health back in check.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

IHR Advice.

Post by hothothot »

ihr only means your not fit to be a postie anymore , try to get your health better have a bloody good holiday on Royal mail. There's other jobs you can do that are not so strenuous. If you did a survey of all the guys who left on ihr I bet you the majority have got other jobs.