ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RM issue shorts
-
dan3mitch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 20 Feb 2019, 19:37
- Gender: Male
RM issue shorts
evening all i've been a postie for 3 months now and love it however the shorts they provide are shocking, they have warn through on the crutch already alternating between the 2 pairs i'm allocated, does anyone else have this issue they seem very thin for the amount of walking we do, can we wear our own shorts etc, i'm happy with the rest of the uniform just the shorts.
thanks all
thanks all
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
RM issue shorts
cannot remember the last time i wore RM shorts/trousers, definitely against the guidelines but never been pulled, i wear shorts no matter the weather
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
RM issue shorts
Just wear your own. Provided they're Black.. Navy Blue or Grey I can't see the problem .... Might have a problem if they're Dayglo Pink!
. I find the Cargo Pockets handy for carrying 739s & Elastic Bands (once Removed). If your DOM gets too stressed about you wearing your own ... just wait until you're out on Delivery and swap them over. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
RM issue shorts
One thing is for sure, they're dreadful when you've been sweating into them all day. I have to peel mine off when I get home.
-
dan3mitch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 20 Feb 2019, 19:37
- Gender: Male
RM issue shorts
Thanks for the replies my DM is a good bloke so I'm gonna speak to him tomorrow and show him the shorts just wanted to get a view before hand thanks again
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
RM issue shorts
Worn out in the crutch what have you been doing ?
-
bardeh
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 01 Feb 2019, 23:04
- Gender: Male
RM issue shorts
The button on both pairs of mine has come off. They're not too small, it just seems like they're cheap and badly made. I don't mind wearing them too much, they're generally quite comfortable but a belt is a necessity now 
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
RM issue shorts
Most RM equipment is poorly made, defective, or expensive to be honest. The buttons fell off my RM trousers after not very long but the belt keeps them up.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
RM issue shorts
Just order some more, I'm sure RM don't want you walking around the streets with your bits hanging out? Do they?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
RM issue shorts
Yep order more get your boss to authorise it if they’re worn out
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
RM issue shorts
not in the street thoughDorset Plodder wrote:Just wear your own. Provided they're Black.. Navy Blue or Grey I can't see the problem .... Might have a problem if they're Dayglo Pink!. I find the Cargo Pockets handy for carrying 739s & Elastic Bands (once Removed). If your DOM gets too stressed about you wearing your own ... just wait until you're out on Delivery and swap them over.
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
RM issue shorts
The buttons always come off,I just sewed mine back on more securely. I turned them up at the same time to just above the knee. Can’t be seen in public wearing ghastly 3/4 length kex. Awful
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
RM issue shorts
Yes, i too have found they are wearing out quicker. Those who cycle especially are noticing the friction is wearing them out faster than they used to. Allocation is awful. It's not like its 2 pairs of shorts and 2 of trousers a year. You order 2 of shorts and that's it! However i would never buy my own stuff to wear. Take them to your manager and they will have to order more for you. If they refuse ask them what they would like you to wear 
-
Jahpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 318
- Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
- Gender: Male
RM issue shorts
6 months in and had no problems with the shorts. The shorts and polo shirts seem to be the best of the uniform. The rest is rubbish.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
RM issue shorts
I wish mine were longer!Cedar_Room wrote:The buttons always come off,I just sewed mine back on more securely. I turned them up at the same time to just above the knee. Can’t be seen in public wearing ghastly 3/4 length kex. Awful