ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

d2ds

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hero22
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

d2ds

Post by hero22 »

There's a guy in our office who is only in job 8 months or so and very rarely does d2ds. At first didn't really bother me much but manager says he watching him etc. Now he has been moved on to the duty I've been doing for several years and I'm getting moved all over the show. But d2ds have begun gathering on this duty now too. Does this happen in other offices ? I think the fact he seems to be getting an easy life and has taken a duty I enjoyed doing pisses me off more than anything. But surely this is bad for the business too. Going in tomorrow fecked off before day even begins lol.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

d2ds

Post by Celgar »

There is a tendency for posties who have been trained on or know how to deliver many walks in a DO to be moved around a lot especially if they are in the lower half of the seniority list. I think we have all been subject to this at some point in our careers in RM. Eventually it stops and a newer postie gets to do it.
Regarding not delivering D2Ds though that should really be sorted out by the DOM and/or coach. Some posties don't take any notice though and then problems continue.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

d2ds

Post by Postie45 »

RM still has a relaxed approach to D2D, they are in breach of their contracts by not having them delivered.
HUGSTEREFC
Posts: 11
Joined: 19 Feb 2013, 11:16
Gender: Male

d2ds

Post by HUGSTEREFC »

Each delivery has an allocated amount of d2ds to be done every day, so do the d2ds for the area the day your are due and anything else is not your problem.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

d2ds

Post by Seymour Buts »

HUGSTEREFC wrote:Each delivery has an allocated amount of d2ds to be done every day, so do the d2ds for the area the day your are due and anything else is not your problem.
This. I'm not a reserve anymore, but when I was if I covered a job I'd put that days in, mark the sheet and take them all; if any were missed I'd just say I've done mine on that day.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

d2ds

Post by CPTNemoUK »

The guy who covers my day of don't do all the d2d for his day. He will put then in but if it's a double slot he will only put one in. I always end up with quite a few left over and I always make the manager know that's not my fault.
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

d2ds

Post by FirstPost »

if a PTer comes into work with a frame that hasn't had D2D's prepped, is it then their responsibility to throw them in?
danterossetti
Posts: 136
Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male

d2ds

Post by danterossetti »

Managers just want an easy life.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

d2ds

Post by Woody Guthrie »

FirstPost wrote:if a PTer comes into work with a frame that hasn't had D2D's prepped, is it then their responsibility to throw them in?
Yes.
D2D is live mail due for delivery, no different to coming in and finding your sequenced isn't prepped. We don't get to make the call on whether we leave mail behind.

What you don't have a responsibility to do is work overtime so if you believe prepping that D2D will mean you incur overtime and you don't want to do it, explain the situation to management and let them make the call, that's what they're paid for.

The problem with refusing to do them is that in some offices you'll get away with that and in others you could lose your job so the safest advice is to pass the buck to the manager.
Only dead fish follow the current
Superdude
Posts: 55
Joined: 15 Mar 2019, 18:27
Gender: Male

d2ds

Post by Superdude »

Send the company who’ve paid for the service a tweet telling them exactly where & when their products aren’t being delivered. They’ll care more than Royal Mail managers will. As far as managers are concerned the money’s already in the bank so the d2ds can go in the skip.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

d2ds

Post by cpsteve »

FirstPost wrote:if a PTer comes into work with a frame that hasn't had D2D's prepped, is it then their responsibility to throw them in?
Nine oclock starts should come in tie up and go the manager should be checking that D2Ds are in if a problem has been flagged up. Most of our problems are poor management they would rather sit down drinking tea then go on the shop floor and see what is going on the bigger the problem the harder it is to find a manager.
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

d2ds

Post by Pathfinder »

I'd like to be part of one of these offices where as a part timer I come in and go, 0 part timers in my office get any mail thrown in, most days it's still in the big frame while the full timers are walking out the door..
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

d2ds

Post by cpsteve »

Pathfinder wrote:I'd like to be part of one of these offices where as a part timer I come in and go, 0 part timers in my office get any mail thrown in, most days it's still in the big frame while the full timers are walking out the door..
Then see the manager about it its his/her job to oversee the running of his/her office if they do nothing go above them but tell them first dont be underhand about it.