ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Always missing WTLL

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Crazyloops
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 Apr 2019, 19:02
Gender: Female

Always missing WTLL

Post by Crazyloops »

I'm part time and fairly new to the job (6 months in!).

I have been to about 3 WTLL sessions since I started as they are usually held before I arrive for the day. Rarely does anyone pass on what's been said.

Surely if they are important enough to have every week then all staff members should know what's going on?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Always missing WTLL

Post by arnold cheshire »

Crazyloops wrote:I'm part time and fairly new to the job (6 months in!).

I have been to about 3 WTLL sessions since I started as they are usually held before I arrive for the day. Rarely does anyone pass on what's been said.

Surely if they are important enough to have every week then all staff members should know what's going on?
Last edited by arnold cheshire on 16 Jul 2019, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Always missing WTLL

Post by yellowbelly »

Crazyloops wrote:I'm part time and fairly new to the job (6 months in!).

I have been to about 3 WTLL sessions since I started as they are usually held before I arrive for the day. Rarely does anyone pass on what's been said.

Surely if they are important enough to have every week then all staff members should know what's going on?
Absolutely, for example last week was 'Dog Awareness week' - did you get any info about it?

Furthermore (and what a lot of people forget), WTLL is built into your working hours. So, if you're not getting a WTLL session (which
are compulsory), RM are probably getting 30 minutes work out of you for free.

Check out the revamp of WTLL that happened ;liar in February this year, highlighting the very issue you've raised in LTB 126/19 here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... LL#p844145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Always missing WTLL

Post by deltaforce »

I’ve yet to hear anything in wtl that is useful or I haven’t heard 50 times before
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Always missing WTLL

Post by robbertwhitton »

Our part timers never see the boss as he’s long gone to his other office,and they just get the paper version of the wtll and then I guess they sign the accompanying paperwork to say they’ve had it,if not it gets signed for on there behalf,priceless inadequate to say the least but typical
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Always missing WTLL

Post by Brandy »

I shouldnt worry,WTL stands for Work Time Lying because basically thats what it is,well it was when I was a postie. :shhhhh
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Always missing WTLL

Post by rubberbond »

yellowbelly wrote:
Crazyloops wrote:I'm part time and fairly new to the job (6 months in!).

I have been to about 3 WTLL sessions since I started as they are usually held before I arrive for the day. Rarely does anyone pass on what's been said.

Surely if they are important enough to have every week then all staff members should know what's going on?
Absolutely, for example last week was 'Dog Awareness week' - did you get any info about it?

Furthermore (and what a lot of people forget), WTLL is built into your working hours. So, if you're not getting a WTLL session (which
are compulsory), RM are probably getting 30 minutes work out of you for free.

Check out the revamp of WTLL that happened ;liar in February this year, highlighting the very issue you've raised in LTB 126/19 here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... LL#p844145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I followed the link and remember commenting on it now, obviously it hasn't reached this far south yet ,perhaps it's stuck in traffic somewhere,because nothing has changed, apart from the fact these sessions never get held anymore. Perhaps there isn't enough positive news to go round.
world class male
Posts: 903
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

Always missing WTLL

Post by world class male »

We had our 1st proper WTLL in months the other day, and only because the last run of mail was late & most were stood waiting, usually they just shout out something from the middle of the floor from a sheet for 2 minutes which most can't hear anyway, P/T staff hardly ever get to hear anything unless 2nd hand as they've not yet started
Chimps_tea_party
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 154
Joined: 17 Sep 2010, 22:33
Gender: Male

Always missing WTLL

Post by Chimps_tea_party »

I used to call it NKTV - North Korean Television.
Retired ex- Royal Mail.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Always missing WTLL

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Not had one for months in our office either. The lone came to me the other day and said there is a sheet of paper on the notice boards about dogs. Read it when you got time. Then walked off :arrrghhh.

Ps still not read it. There must me about 10 notice boards in our office. I ain't looking for it.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Always missing WTLL

Post by SpacePhoenix »

If you're off for any reason you don't get it (they used to send out photocopies of it to anyone who missed it for whatever reason)
Crazyloops
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 Apr 2019, 19:02
Gender: Female

Always missing WTLL

Post by Crazyloops »

yellowbelly wrote:
Crazyloops wrote:I'm part time and fairly new to the job (6 months in!).

I have been to about 3 WTLL sessions since I started as they are usually held before I arrive for the day. Rarely does anyone pass on what's been said.

Surely if they are important enough to have every week then all staff members should know what's going on?
Absolutely, for example last week was 'Dog Awareness week' - did you get any info about it?

Furthermore (and what a lot of people forget), WTLL is built into your working hours. So, if you're not getting a WTLL session (which
are compulsory), RM are probably getting 30 minutes work out of you for free.

Check out the revamp of WTLL that happened ;liar in February this year, highlighting the very issue you've raised in LTB 126/19 here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... LL#p844145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nope, no info given. Not even mentioned!
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Always missing WTLL

Post by postslippete »

WTLL is a curious thing. The only guys that seem to have it at our depot tend to be 1. full-time and therefore 2. more experienced posties. Surely our lesser experienced part-time posties should benefit more from these WTLL sessions??
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Always missing WTLL

Post by arnold cheshire »

postslippete wrote:WTLL is a curious thing. The only guys that seem to have it at our depot tend to be 1. full-time and therefore 2. more experienced posties. Surely our lesser experienced part-time posties should benefit more from these WTLL sessions??
This forum has become very sad .WTL is useless
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Always missing WTLL

Post by yellowbelly »

arnold cheshire wrote:
postslippete wrote:WTLL is a curious thing. The only guys that seem to have it at our depot tend to be 1. full-time and therefore 2. more experienced posties. Surely our lesser experienced part-time posties should benefit more from these WTLL sessions??
This forum has become very sad .WTL is useless
WTLL as presented by certain managers might be useless but it shouldn't be!! Just because they can't be arsed doesn't mean that
we should let them off the hook. They're supposed to do it (like a lot of other things). If local managers can't be
bothered to produce a group WTLL session perhaps they should use the time to train up/support newbie posties - see this quote from another thread:
postietom wrote:This is the major issue with the company I find. There is NO training; you're thrown into the deep end and you can either do the job or you can't. People who could be decent with a little extra support just quit because that support never arrives. It's quite sad at times to be honest.