ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Collecting your parcel from a different delivery office.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Nerfino
Posts: 1
Joined: 21 Apr 2019, 17:38
Gender: Male

Collecting your parcel from a different delivery office.

Post by Nerfino »

Hello,

I am a postman at Wokingham office, I know I got a parcel that I really need that being posted tomorrow coming from a different delivery office am I able to collect my parcel from there in the morning since I am a royal mail employee?
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Collecting your parcel from a different delivery office.

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Depends if you get there before it goes out on delivery
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Collecting your parcel from a different delivery office.

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Collecting your parcel from a different delivery office.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Nerfino wrote:Hello,

I am a postman at Wokingham office, I know I got a parcel that I really need that being posted tomorrow coming from a different delivery office am I able to collect my parcel from there in the morning since I am a royal mail employee?
Very little chance at all. Delivery offices that do collections don't hold on to them for long, then they go to the inward MC for sorting to the DO of the office.

Even if you could get there in time, would you as a postie under pressure like to look through 20 or 30 Yorkies to find one item, even if it is for a colleague.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Collecting your parcel from a different delivery office.

Post by number one »

I think the OP means the item is due to be delivered tomorrow, they want to know can they collect the item from the other delivery office before it goes out on delivery.

The answer is yes you can but it depends if it’s a jobsworth on the counter