ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Always missing WTLL
-
Crazyloops
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 19 Apr 2019, 19:02
- Gender: Female
Always missing WTLL
I'm part time and fairly new to the job (6 months in!).
I have been to about 3 WTLL sessions since I started as they are usually held before I arrive for the day. Rarely does anyone pass on what's been said.
Surely if they are important enough to have every week then all staff members should know what's going on?
I have been to about 3 WTLL sessions since I started as they are usually held before I arrive for the day. Rarely does anyone pass on what's been said.
Surely if they are important enough to have every week then all staff members should know what's going on?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Always missing WTLL
Crazyloops wrote:I'm part time and fairly new to the job (6 months in!).
I have been to about 3 WTLL sessions since I started as they are usually held before I arrive for the day. Rarely does anyone pass on what's been said.
Surely if they are important enough to have every week then all staff members should know what's going on?
Last edited by arnold cheshire on 16 Jul 2019, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Always missing WTLL
Absolutely, for example last week was 'Dog Awareness week' - did you get any info about it?Crazyloops wrote:I'm part time and fairly new to the job (6 months in!).
I have been to about 3 WTLL sessions since I started as they are usually held before I arrive for the day. Rarely does anyone pass on what's been said.
Surely if they are important enough to have every week then all staff members should know what's going on?
Furthermore (and what a lot of people forget), WTLL is built into your working hours. So, if you're not getting a WTLL session (which
are compulsory), RM are probably getting 30 minutes work out of you for free.
Check out the revamp of WTLL that happened
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Always missing WTLL
I’ve yet to hear anything in wtl that is useful or I haven’t heard 50 times before
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Always missing WTLL
Our part timers never see the boss as he’s long gone to his other office,and they just get the paper version of the wtll and then I guess they sign the accompanying paperwork to say they’ve had it,if not it gets signed for on there behalf,priceless inadequate to say the least but typical
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Always missing WTLL
I shouldnt worry,WTL stands for Work Time Lying because basically thats what it is,well it was when I was a postie. 
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Always missing WTLL
I followed the link and remember commenting on it now, obviously it hasn't reached this far south yet ,perhaps it's stuck in traffic somewhere,because nothing has changed, apart from the fact these sessions never get held anymore. Perhaps there isn't enough positive news to go round.yellowbelly wrote:Absolutely, for example last week was 'Dog Awareness week' - did you get any info about it?Crazyloops wrote:I'm part time and fairly new to the job (6 months in!).
I have been to about 3 WTLL sessions since I started as they are usually held before I arrive for the day. Rarely does anyone pass on what's been said.
Surely if they are important enough to have every week then all staff members should know what's going on?
Furthermore (and what a lot of people forget), WTLL is built into your working hours. So, if you're not getting a WTLL session (which
are compulsory), RM are probably getting 30 minutes work out of you for free.
Check out the revamp of WTLL that happenedin February this year, highlighting the very issue you've raised in LTB 126/19 here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... LL#p844145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Always missing WTLL
We had our 1st proper WTLL in months the other day, and only because the last run of mail was late & most were stood waiting, usually they just shout out something from the middle of the floor from a sheet for 2 minutes which most can't hear anyway, P/T staff hardly ever get to hear anything unless 2nd hand as they've not yet started
-
Chimps_tea_party
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 17 Sep 2010, 22:33
- Gender: Male
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Always missing WTLL
Not had one for months in our office either. The lone came to me the other day and said there is a sheet of paper on the notice boards about dogs. Read it when you got time. Then walked off
.
Ps still not read it. There must me about 10 notice boards in our office. I ain't looking for it.
Ps still not read it. There must me about 10 notice boards in our office. I ain't looking for it.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Always missing WTLL
If you're off for any reason you don't get it (they used to send out photocopies of it to anyone who missed it for whatever reason)
-
Crazyloops
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 19 Apr 2019, 19:02
- Gender: Female
Always missing WTLL
Nope, no info given. Not even mentioned!yellowbelly wrote:Absolutely, for example last week was 'Dog Awareness week' - did you get any info about it?Crazyloops wrote:I'm part time and fairly new to the job (6 months in!).
I have been to about 3 WTLL sessions since I started as they are usually held before I arrive for the day. Rarely does anyone pass on what's been said.
Surely if they are important enough to have every week then all staff members should know what's going on?
Furthermore (and what a lot of people forget), WTLL is built into your working hours. So, if you're not getting a WTLL session (which
are compulsory), RM are probably getting 30 minutes work out of you for free.
Check out the revamp of WTLL that happenedin February this year, highlighting the very issue you've raised in LTB 126/19 here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... LL#p844145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Always missing WTLL
WTLL is a curious thing. The only guys that seem to have it at our depot tend to be 1. full-time and therefore 2. more experienced posties. Surely our lesser experienced part-time posties should benefit more from these WTLL sessions??
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Always missing WTLL
This forum has become very sad .WTL is uselesspostslippete wrote:WTLL is a curious thing. The only guys that seem to have it at our depot tend to be 1. full-time and therefore 2. more experienced posties. Surely our lesser experienced part-time posties should benefit more from these WTLL sessions??
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Always missing WTLL
WTLL as presented by certain managers might be useless but it shouldn't be!! Just because they can't be arsed doesn't mean thatarnold cheshire wrote:This forum has become very sad .WTL is uselesspostslippete wrote:WTLL is a curious thing. The only guys that seem to have it at our depot tend to be 1. full-time and therefore 2. more experienced posties. Surely our lesser experienced part-time posties should benefit more from these WTLL sessions??
we should let them off the hook. They're supposed to do it (like a lot of other things). If local managers can't be
bothered to produce a group WTLL session perhaps they should use the time to train up/support newbie posties - see this quote from another thread:
postietom wrote:This is the major issue with the company I find. There is NO training; you're thrown into the deep end and you can either do the job or you can't. People who could be decent with a little extra support just quit because that support never arrives. It's quite sad at times to be honest.