ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How do I work out my SA holiday payment ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
garymgo
Posts: 39
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 19:50

How do I work out my SA holiday payment ?

Post by garymgo »

Can anyone explain how to work out SA holiday pay. I am due 3 weeks holiday and leading up to my leave I have performed
Week 1 zero hours
Week 2 4:30 hours
Week 3 4:30 hours
Week 4 4:30 hours
Thanks
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

How do I work out my SA holiday payment ?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Average of 4 weeks quoted for week 1 of you r holiday. (That becomes week 5)
Average of weeks 2-5 for the second week of your holiday. (That becomes week 6)
Average Average of weeks 3-6 for the final week of your holiday.

About 3h 40, 4h15 and 4h25.
I have done the maths quickly in my head. It might be a bit out. I am dehydrated.
Apparently the youngsters have newfangled devices for doing sums.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
garymgo
Posts: 39
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 19:50

How do I work out my SA holiday payment ?

Post by garymgo »

So, the holiday I receive in week 5 is included in the calculation for week for week 6 and 7?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

How do I work out my SA holiday payment ?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Why wouldn't it be?
All I am doing is working out the average of your SA payments.
It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to screw you out of them but that is the formula I would have thought was fair.

If you had an SA agreement it would be exactly the same:
Week 1 - 4 hours
Week 2 - 4 hours
Week 3 - 4 hours
Week 4 - 4 hours.

When you take 3 weeks off you get paid 4 hours each week of your holiday.
The only way you can arrive at that is by using the same formula.
The first week of the holiday is the average of weeks 1-4. That becomes week 5.
The second week of the holiday is the average of weeks 2-5.That becomes week 6.
The third week is the average of weeks 3-6.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
garymgo
Posts: 39
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 19:50

How do I work out my SA holiday payment ?

Post by garymgo »

Thanks for your help
broughts
Posts: 334
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 19:09
Gender: Male

How do I work out my SA holiday payment ?

Post by broughts »

It’s not an average if your due sa on your week off that’s what u get paid
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

How do I work out my SA holiday payment ?

Post by clashcityrocker »

broughts wrote:It’s not an average if your due sa on your week off that’s what u get paid
4 week average if it is ad hoc
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
unome
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 22
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 13:35
Gender: Male

How do I work out my SA holiday payment ?

Post by unome »

If you take for example a six week period with the last two weeks as a/l
you will be paid in week 5 an average of the four previous weeks s/a worked.
In week six the same formuler applies so you will get an average of s/a WORKED
in weeks 2-5 with week 5 being 0 as you won't have worked s/a. Hope this clears things up for you.