ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anonymity??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
My feet are on fire
Posts: 30
Joined: 28 Jan 2018, 19:35
Gender: Male

Anonymity??

Post by My feet are on fire »

Can RM tell who you are on this?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Anonymity??

Post by arnold cheshire »

Yes my name's Arnold
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Anonymity??

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

My feet are on fire wrote:Can RM tell who you are on this?
We don't tell them if that's what you are asking.

But if you give enough clues then yes they can work it out. That's why we say "Don't Post on here what you aren't afraid of repeating in a disciplinary."

Most of the rules on here are designed for members job security, because, yes even just calling a colleague an unpleasant name, or making a derogatory remark can get you dismissed.

More advice and case studies here https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =7&t=11169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Be smart; don’t be stupid”. Brilliant. To put some flesh on those bare bones, we always advise employees debating whether something is appropriate to email/post/Tweet to consider “Would I be happy reading this out in court?”, “Would I say this in front of my parents?”, “Would I say this to someone of a different race/sexuality/gender/age/religion [delete as appropriate]?” and “Would I like this to attract the attention of the Press?” If you are even asking yourself these questions, then the answer is likely to be “no”, in which case your finger needs to move away from the “post” button and towards the “backspace” button. Quickly.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Anonymity??

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

My feet are on fire wrote:Can RM tell who you are on this?
I've seen people on these forums who seemingly use their real names, email addresses or pay numbers as their usernames which to my mind is crazy and asking for trouble.

I've also come across posts where I've realised who the author is in real life from what they've posted, despite the fact they've got an anonymous username.

RM do apparently look on here, so be sensible, don't be too specific and follow the guidelines.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Anonymity??

Post by Celgar »

RM do read everything on this forum so be wary how much detail you give as it can be traced back to where you work. My DOM knows my identity on here but DOMs are not allowed to sign up to or read this or similar forums. A while back a new postie who has since left used his surname as a username on this forum and then wrote quite specific comments about our DO on here. When he or maybe I referenced that we didn't have a DOM present in our office at one point RM apparently went into meltdown trying to locate where our DO was. There was a lot of fallout and the new postie left the job although there was more to the situation than that which I won't go into.
Unless by mistake I never write anything on here that I cannot back up or not believe to be a fact. If you stick with that then you will be fine. Sadly RM isn't in good place at the moment. I'm just waiting to see what happens to the share price after the ex-dividend date on July 25th.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Anonymity??

Post by arnold cheshire »

If you have a problem with a Dom don't go home and put the issue on here straight away
My feet are on fire
Posts: 30
Joined: 28 Jan 2018, 19:35
Gender: Male

Anonymity??

Post by My feet are on fire »

No I wasnt going to make remarks about anyone or complain about the job. Just after some advice with regards to a possible health issue I am being tested for and if I will be treated differently for it in work if I possibly need to take some time off sick.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Anonymity??

Post by arnold cheshire »

Can I say my left foot used to feel like it was on fire
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Anonymity??

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I think most of us on here are aware that the majority of RM Managers are incompetent. And I wouldn't mind telling that to my Mother, or in a Court of Law. It's a shame that they don't hold themselves to their own enviable high standards.

Oh and if RM do read everything on this site it's a pity they don't pick up on a lot of the good points, made by Posties, that could improve OUR Company. And try and put right some of the problems that are recurring on a far too regular basis. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Anonymity??

Post by Brandy »

Dorset Plodder wrote:I think most of us on here are aware that the majority of RM Managers are incompetent. And I wouldn't mind telling that to my Mother, or in a Court of Law. It's a shame that they don't hold themselves to their own enviable high standards.

Oh and if RM do read everything on this site it's a pity they don't pick up on a lot of the good points, made by Posties, that could improve OUR Company. And try and put right some of the problems that are recurring on a far too regular basis. :cuppa
Totally agree with what you say,if only RM would listen to the postie.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Anonymity??

Post by hothothot »

Royal mail monitor this forum , I even heard my old Dom talking about this forum to his managers.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Anonymity??

Post by arnold cheshire »

I use my real name
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Anonymity??

Post by yellowbelly »

Celgar wrote:....................but DOMs are not allowed to sign up to or read this or similar forums. ...........
Site rules don't ban them, how could they when there is no proof of identity required....?

Please remember everyone is welcome on this site. Customers, CWU Officers, Royal Mail Managers, all Royal Mail employees, the General Public, the press, MPs, so please do not resort to abuse if people of a different political persuasion or viewpoint to you, post on a thread.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Anonymity??

Post by hothothot »

My real name is artichoke Bartholomew Rees Smyth.
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8880
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Anonymity??

Post by blue1873 »

hothothot wrote:My real name is artichoke Bartholomew Rees Smyth.
And i will plead guilty to Ferdinand Frobisher-Wellskelpedarse the 3rd ;liar ;liar