Off driving for 2years , conduct.
I cannot perform walking duties regularly due to condition of knee , arthritis etc.
Atos assessed me few years back and stated I would come under Equality Act,I have numerous GPs letters confirming my condition.
Management indicated IHR but I do not want to accept anything like that .
Just enquiring were I stand regarding this situation, thanks gents
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Occupational health assessment
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Occupational health assessment
If you meet the criteria to be covered under the Disability act then RM must make REASONABLE changes to enable you to do your work. I would imagine Mail Centre or Callers Office work may be more suited to your condition? If so you could start enquiring about that as the screws will probably do next to nowt to accommodate you, hoping you'll just take IHR, unless they get a rocket up their arses.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Occupational health assessment
When you speak to occupational health you need to outline all this, as far as I'm aware they should attempt to find work that you can do but if it was me I'd be strongly suggesting to occupational health that the only reason preventing you from doing your job is that you're banned from driving royal mail vehicles,and as such the ban should be lifted which would be the easiest option to get you back to work in your previous capacity (unless you were banned for repeatedly crashing vans or something as if I were in charge I'd probably want shut of you as well)
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Occupational health assessment
You've got to keep in mind that any MC only has a very limited capacity for DDA cases. Probably the only duties that are sit-down duties are letters and flats. They're not sit down all the time as you have to take the boxes of sorted mail to wherever the yorks are for them and collect boxes of mail to be sorted from where they're kept. A MC might well have all its "DDA slots" taken up by it's own DDA cases. You might well have to change shift to be able to move to the MCSir Henry wrote:If you meet the criteria to be covered under the Disability act then RM must make REASONABLE changes to enable you to do your work. I would imagine Mail Centre or Callers Office work may be more suited to your condition? If so you could start enquiring about that as the screws will probably do next to nowt to accommodate you, hoping you'll just take IHR, unless they get a rocket up their arses.