ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
what happens......
-
has2tri
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 14 Oct 2018, 09:36
- Gender: Female
what happens......
when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left, because you delivered but customer phones up and says not received???
I have been questioned today on an item I delivered start of last week. Only asked if I remembered and all I could say was if the pda says delivered and no card pushed through then I delivered it.
Does it just come down to my word against theirs?
I have been questioned today on an item I delivered start of last week. Only asked if I remembered and all I could say was if the pda says delivered and no card pushed through then I delivered it.
Does it just come down to my word against theirs?
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
what happens......
Funnily enough, the exact same thing happened to me today too. I just said if there's no note and it's days delivered I must have delivered it but couldn't remember as it was a week ago. Pda says I was therehas2tri wrote:when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left, because you delivered but customer phones up and says not received???
I have been questioned today on an item I delivered start of last week. Only asked if I remembered and all I could say was if the pda says delivered and no card pushed through then I delivered it.
Does it just come down to my word against theirs?
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
what happens......
If you scanned it on your PDA,it will show up where you scanned the item,so if you scanned the item outside the property then that should be proof enough that you delivered it and that the customer is probably pulling a fast one.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
what happens......
Mmm some customers are not aware how much information We can glean from a PDA after delivery.Even better when You find the discarded carton in their green bin from the parcel they claim they never received lol
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
what happens......
I know. I I wish it was my permanent duty then I could have checked.scoobydo79 wrote:Mmm some customers are not aware how much information We can glean from a PDA after delivery.Even better when You find the discarded carton in their green bin from the parcel they claim they never received lol
Felt s**t for an hour worrying then just thought, rollocks to it I've not lost it
-
sirchewey
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
- Gender: Male
what happens......
I've had parcels addressed to neighbouring houses several times before. This usually only happens when customers use a drop down address finder when ordering online. This is the only scenario to my knowledge that the GPS and PDA data would fall short of being able to prove or disprove depending on what barcode is scanned on the parcel.
-
has2tri
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 14 Oct 2018, 09:36
- Gender: Female
what happens......
I was indeed stood outside the house. I remembered the house as they have a metal box outside.postslippete wrote:If you scanned it on your PDA,it will show up where you scanned the item,so if you scanned the item outside the property then that should be proof enough that you delivered it and that the customer is probably pulling a fast one.
So ......I need not worry on this occasion??
Thanks for replies all
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
what happens......
What irks me is were now delivering so many little shitty parcels when the Dom comes asking if you remember delivering a parcel last week when I can't remember what I did an hour ago lol
-
fiveoclockhero
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
- Gender: Male
what happens......
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I got asked a week later so couldn’t remember the packet specifically, but said if I scanned it as delivered, then it went thru their quite large letterbox. The pda confirmed I scanned it, but there was no location info provided. Not heard anything since.Tinoblade wrote:Funnily enough, the exact same thing happened to me today too. I just said if there's no note and it's days delivered I must have delivered it but couldn't remember as it was a week ago. Pda says I was therehas2tri wrote:when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left, because you delivered but customer phones up and says not received???
I have been questioned today on an item I delivered start of last week. Only asked if I remembered and all I could say was if the pda says delivered and no card pushed through then I delivered it.
Does it just come down to my word against theirs?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
what happens......
It would be very brazen of you to take it all the way their to the door step and steal an item with all these cameras all over the place these days it is such a pity those who question us all about such trivial matters cannot do their own job's of ordering uniform or putting names down on overtime sheets in such a speedy and efficient manner!has2tri wrote:when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left, because you delivered but customer phones up and says not received???
I have been questioned today on an item I delivered start of last week. Only asked if I remembered and all I could say was if the pda says delivered and no card pushed through then I delivered it.
Does it just come down to my word against theirs?
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
what happens......
I have read & reread your post, why would you even leave a card when it's been delivered? Does the PDA actually say the above?has2tri wrote:when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left / the pda says delivered and no card pushed through
-
has2tri
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 14 Oct 2018, 09:36
- Gender: Female
what happens......
The pda has it down as delivered.
When manager came with his printout it said on it no P739 card left so I am guessing they must have asked whoever phoned to say not received if they had a card.
I said to the manager that there would be no card if it was delivered
When manager came with his printout it said on it no P739 card left so I am guessing they must have asked whoever phoned to say not received if they had a card.
I said to the manager that there would be no card if it was delivered
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
what happens......
get them to double check the address with the sender.
I had one that a stand-in delivered to a No7 as it said on the parcel when I got back on delivery the customer had complained and I realised that she lives at No 47. In this case, she had filled out the web form wrong so she took the hit.
I had one that a stand-in delivered to a No7 as it said on the parcel when I got back on delivery the customer had complained and I realised that she lives at No 47. In this case, she had filled out the web form wrong so she took the hit.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.