ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Absence due to stress
-
td2011
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 18:23
- Gender: Male
Absence due to stress
I have received a letter from management the very day I went sick, asking for me to go for a meeting in a few days time. Also states on the letter I must bring any medical evidence pertinent to my ongoing absence. This is all whilst I’ve been given a sick line from my doctor.
Surely I shouldn’t have to attend this meeting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Surely I shouldn’t have to attend this meeting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Absence due to stress
contact your rep and state what's happening.
Contact your doctor and see if they are willing to state that contact from work must be minimal to allow you to recover.
Contact your doctor and see if they are willing to state that contact from work must be minimal to allow you to recover.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
td2011
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 18:23
- Gender: Male
Absence due to stress
Thanks for your reply
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Absence due to stress
The agreement is that a face to face meeting will take place after 4 weeks . They have your certificate I take it? What more evidence are you going to provide other than the opinion of a qualified medical,practitioner. Although having said tbat , it depends what the root cause of your stress is I suppose.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Absence due to stress
Can't find the part of the agreement that covers this?rubberbond wrote:The agreement is that a face to face meeting will take place after 4 weeks
I believe the wording which I also believe is NOT in any agreement just from a guide for the screws( I stand to be corrected on both of these beliefs ) is to the effect a face to face should take place before 28 days.
The screw c***s keep repeating the same bullshit lies until we accept them as facts. Time to put this one to bed for good.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
rhia
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 15:09
- Gender: Male
Absence due to stress
I was also off with work related stress,I believe you can ask them to meet at a neutral place if your not comfortable going into work which i did,I kept in touch with a phone call once a week or if no one anwsers phone i texted them, your health and wellbeing comes first,I was lied to so keep any texts or voicemails which helped me, I hope everything goes well for you, take care
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Absence due to stress
You do not have to attend a meeting at work, you can inform them your to ill to attend but Thier welcome to come to your home , as long as they bring your union rep with him. I bet you they will decline. If your rep is not helping I would get hold of the area rep to put a stop to this nonsense. I've been through all this bullshit myself , the area rep put a stop to this kind of harassment and bullying. Good luck and stay strong.
-
richietns
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 18:09
- Gender: Male
Absence due to stress
If you go to your workplace it suggests that your fit to get there etc and they play on that especially if it's an unseen illness like stress.hothothots right.hothothot wrote:You do not have to attend a meeting at work, you can inform them your to ill to attend but Thier welcome to come to your home , as long as they bring your union rep with him. I bet you they will decline. If your rep is not helping I would get hold of the area rep to put a stop to this nonsense. I've been through all this bullshit myself , the area rep put a stop to this kind of harassment and bullying. Good luck and stay strong.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Absence due to stress
Our boss has been seen to google a medical condition of the staff to back up his action plan to deal with it? Priceless! No good as a boss or a doctor?him and his minions even said a colleague who had a nasty dog bite with medical certificate was ok to come to work and do the office?.. I think not!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Absence due to stress
They think they're gpsrobbertwhitton wrote:Our boss has been seen to google a medical condition of the staff to back up his action plan to deal with it? Priceless! No good as a boss or a doctor?him and his minions even said a colleague who had a nasty dog bite with medical certificate was ok to come to work and do the office?.. I think not!
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Absence due to stress
Consultants the money they are on!arnold cheshire wrote:They think they're gpsrobbertwhitton wrote:Our boss has been seen to google a medical condition of the staff to back up his action plan to deal with it? Priceless! No good as a boss or a doctor?him and his minions even said a colleague who had a nasty dog bite with medical certificate was ok to come to work and do the office?.. I think not!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Absence due to stress
who has medical evidence? Apart from a sick notetd2011 wrote:I have received a letter from management the very day I went sick, asking for me to go for a meeting in a few days time. Also states on the letter I must bring any medical evidence pertinent to my ongoing absence. This is all whilst I’ve been given a sick line from my doctor.
Surely I shouldn’t have to attend this meeting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Absence due to stress
If you were stressed your excrement might be quite runny.arnold cheshire wrote:who has medical evidence? Apart from a sick notetd2011 wrote:I have received a letter from management the very day I went sick, asking for me to go for a meeting in a few days time. Also states on the letter I must bring any medical evidence pertinent to my ongoing absence. This is all whilst I’ve been given a sick line from my doctor.
Surely I shouldn’t have to attend this meeting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Ask if they want you to take some of that in.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Absence due to stress
I can't stand going in anymore they do ruin lives
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Absence due to stress
No RM managers have no brains or common sense so they would never ever make a GP!!!!arnold cheshire wrote:They think they're gpsrobbertwhitton wrote:Our boss has been seen to google a medical condition of the staff to back up his action plan to deal with it? Priceless! No good as a boss or a doctor?him and his minions even said a colleague who had a nasty dog bite with medical certificate was ok to come to work and do the office?.. I think not!