ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

what happens......

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
has2tri
Posts: 63
Joined: 14 Oct 2018, 09:36
Gender: Female

what happens......

Post by has2tri »

when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left, because you delivered but customer phones up and says not received???

I have been questioned today on an item I delivered start of last week. Only asked if I remembered and all I could say was if the pda says delivered and no card pushed through then I delivered it.

Does it just come down to my word against theirs?
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

what happens......

Post by Tinoblade »

has2tri wrote:when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left, because you delivered but customer phones up and says not received???

I have been questioned today on an item I delivered start of last week. Only asked if I remembered and all I could say was if the pda says delivered and no card pushed through then I delivered it.

Does it just come down to my word against theirs?
Funnily enough, the exact same thing happened to me today too. I just said if there's no note and it's days delivered I must have delivered it but couldn't remember as it was a week ago. Pda says I was there
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

what happens......

Post by postslippete »

If you scanned it on your PDA,it will show up where you scanned the item,so if you scanned the item outside the property then that should be proof enough that you delivered it and that the customer is probably pulling a fast one.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

what happens......

Post by scoobydo79 »

Mmm some customers are not aware how much information We can glean from a PDA after delivery.Even better when You find the discarded carton in their green bin from the parcel they claim they never received lol
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

what happens......

Post by Tinoblade »

scoobydo79 wrote:Mmm some customers are not aware how much information We can glean from a PDA after delivery.Even better when You find the discarded carton in their green bin from the parcel they claim they never received lol
I know. I I wish it was my permanent duty then I could have checked.
Felt s**t for an hour worrying then just thought, rollocks to it I've not lost it
sirchewey
Posts: 99
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
Gender: Male

what happens......

Post by sirchewey »

I've had parcels addressed to neighbouring houses several times before. This usually only happens when customers use a drop down address finder when ordering online. This is the only scenario to my knowledge that the GPS and PDA data would fall short of being able to prove or disprove depending on what barcode is scanned on the parcel.
has2tri
Posts: 63
Joined: 14 Oct 2018, 09:36
Gender: Female

what happens......

Post by has2tri »

postslippete wrote:If you scanned it on your PDA,it will show up where you scanned the item,so if you scanned the item outside the property then that should be proof enough that you delivered it and that the customer is probably pulling a fast one.
I was indeed stood outside the house. I remembered the house as they have a metal box outside.
So ......I need not worry on this occasion??

Thanks for replies all
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

what happens......

Post by Pathfinder »

What irks me is were now delivering so many little shitty parcels when the Dom comes asking if you remember delivering a parcel last week when I can't remember what I did an hour ago lol
fiveoclockhero
Posts: 88
Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
Gender: Male

what happens......

Post by fiveoclockhero »

Tinoblade wrote:
has2tri wrote:when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left, because you delivered but customer phones up and says not received???

I have been questioned today on an item I delivered start of last week. Only asked if I remembered and all I could say was if the pda says delivered and no card pushed through then I delivered it.

Does it just come down to my word against theirs?
Funnily enough, the exact same thing happened to me today too. I just said if there's no note and it's days delivered I must have delivered it but couldn't remember as it was a week ago. Pda says I was there
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I got asked a week later so couldn’t remember the packet specifically, but said if I scanned it as delivered, then it went thru their quite large letterbox. The pda confirmed I scanned it, but there was no location info provided. Not heard anything since.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

what happens......

Post by k979aaa »

has2tri wrote:when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left, because you delivered but customer phones up and says not received???

I have been questioned today on an item I delivered start of last week. Only asked if I remembered and all I could say was if the pda says delivered and no card pushed through then I delivered it.

Does it just come down to my word against theirs?
It would be very brazen of you to take it all the way their to the door step and steal an item with all these cameras all over the place these days it is such a pity those who question us all about such trivial matters cannot do their own job's of ordering uniform or putting names down on overtime sheets in such a speedy and efficient manner!
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

what happens......

Post by twoloops »

has2tri wrote:when the pda states you have delivered an item, no card has been left / the pda says delivered and no card pushed through
I have read & reread your post, why would you even leave a card when it's been delivered? Does the PDA actually say the above?
has2tri
Posts: 63
Joined: 14 Oct 2018, 09:36
Gender: Female

what happens......

Post by has2tri »

The pda has it down as delivered.
When manager came with his printout it said on it no P739 card left so I am guessing they must have asked whoever phoned to say not received if they had a card.
I said to the manager that there would be no card if it was delivered
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

what happens......

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

get them to double check the address with the sender.

I had one that a stand-in delivered to a No7 as it said on the parcel when I got back on delivery the customer had complained and I realised that she lives at No 47. In this case, she had filled out the web form wrong so she took the hit.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.