ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

S/A collections and delivery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

S/A collections and delivery

Post by robbertwhitton »

We’ve had instances of people on S/A collections being told to deliver bits of failed delivery as part of there collections duty,as the boss has told them or asked them is it correct,can he do that,can they refuse? another money saving idea,I’m sure the cleared office box has long been ticked yet again to cover his arse!
streets97
Posts: 92
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 21:43
Gender: Male

S/A collections and delivery

Post by streets97 »

Look at the bottom of the 318 it states "as directed" in other words if the boss says do something you have to do the something that they have asked.
Fishtoft4
Posts: 39
Joined: 19 Jun 2015, 17:48
Gender: Male

S/A collections and delivery

Post by Fishtoft4 »

Streets 318’s do not exist and haven’t done for years
streets97
Posts: 92
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 21:43
Gender: Male

S/A collections and delivery

Post by streets97 »

Do where I work
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

S/A collections and delivery

Post by rubberbond »

It's probably on your contract of employment anyway , as " any other duties commensurate with the position".
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

S/A collections and delivery

Post by joewyan »

robbertwhitton wrote:We’ve had instances of people on S/A collections being told to deliver bits of failed delivery as part of there collections duty,as the boss has told them or asked them is it correct,can he do that,can they refuse? another money saving idea,I’m sure the cleared office box has long been ticked yet again to cover his arse!
As with any other job in the company and almost any other company they can ask you to do any reasonable task within your work hours as necessary for the business.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

S/A collections and delivery

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Is there time to do any delivery as well as the collection on an S/A?
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

S/A collections and delivery

Post by Celgar »

Bahia Feliz wrote:Is there time to do any delivery as well as the collection on an S/A?
Usually SA collections are timed really finely so you are in a virtual race to get it done in time. Therefore I would say they is no spare time left over to deliver lapsed walks or anything else. Duties on LATs are supposedly a different case as RM has not managed to attract sufficient business for the new product.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

S/A collections and delivery

Post by arnold cheshire »

streets97 wrote:Do where I work
p318 I've not seen one in twenty years
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

S/A collections and delivery

Post by citypostie »

Bahia Feliz wrote:Is there time to do any delivery as well as the collection on an S/A?
If I was a manager and had the choice of delivering a load of mail or doing a collection I'd be telling the person on sa they are delivering and I'd be doing the cushy collection
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

S/A collections and delivery

Post by number one »

citypostie wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:Is there time to do any delivery as well as the collection on an S/A?
If I was a manager and had the choice of delivering a load of mail or doing a collection I'd be telling the person on sa they are delivering and I'd be doing the cushy collection
Do you know how an SA contract works?
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

S/A collections and delivery

Post by citypostie »

number one wrote:
citypostie wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:Is there time to do any delivery as well as the collection on an S/A?
If I was a manager and had the choice of delivering a load of mail or doing a collection I'd be telling the person on sa they are delivering and I'd be doing the cushy collection
Do you know how an SA contract works?
No and don't want to thanks
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

S/A collections and delivery

Post by arnold cheshire »

I think you are getting confused with collections on hybrids
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

S/A collections and delivery

Post by bmccoll »

If I was on SA to do a collection and was instructed to do a part delivery by a DIM then OK. Do the delivery then bring back the collection keys and say "here you go, my shift's over". :nana
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

S/A collections and delivery

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.