ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Absence due to stress

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
td2011
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 18:23
Gender: Male

Absence due to stress

Post by td2011 »

I have received a letter from management the very day I went sick, asking for me to go for a meeting in a few days time. Also states on the letter I must bring any medical evidence pertinent to my ongoing absence. This is all whilst I’ve been given a sick line from my doctor.

Surely I shouldn’t have to attend this meeting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Absence due to stress

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

contact your rep and state what's happening.

Contact your doctor and see if they are willing to state that contact from work must be minimal to allow you to recover.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
td2011
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 18:23
Gender: Male

Absence due to stress

Post by td2011 »

Thanks for your reply
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Absence due to stress

Post by rubberbond »

The agreement is that a face to face meeting will take place after 4 weeks . They have your certificate I take it? What more evidence are you going to provide other than the opinion of a qualified medical,practitioner. Although having said tbat , it depends what the root cause of your stress is I suppose.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Absence due to stress

Post by Sir Henry »

rubberbond wrote:The agreement is that a face to face meeting will take place after 4 weeks
Can't find the part of the agreement that covers this?

I believe the wording which I also believe is NOT in any agreement just from a guide for the screws( I stand to be corrected on both of these beliefs ) is to the effect a face to face should take place before 28 days.

The screw c***s keep repeating the same bullshit lies until we accept them as facts. Time to put this one to bed for good.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
rhia
Posts: 27
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 15:09
Gender: Male

Absence due to stress

Post by rhia »

I was also off with work related stress,I believe you can ask them to meet at a neutral place if your not comfortable going into work which i did,I kept in touch with a phone call once a week or if no one anwsers phone i texted them, your health and wellbeing comes first,I was lied to so keep any texts or voicemails which helped me, I hope everything goes well for you, take care
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Absence due to stress

Post by hothothot »

You do not have to attend a meeting at work, you can inform them your to ill to attend but Thier welcome to come to your home , as long as they bring your union rep with him. I bet you they will decline. If your rep is not helping I would get hold of the area rep to put a stop to this nonsense. I've been through all this bullshit myself , the area rep put a stop to this kind of harassment and bullying. Good luck and stay strong.
richietns
Posts: 1101
Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 18:09
Gender: Male

Absence due to stress

Post by richietns »

hothothot wrote:You do not have to attend a meeting at work, you can inform them your to ill to attend but Thier welcome to come to your home , as long as they bring your union rep with him. I bet you they will decline. If your rep is not helping I would get hold of the area rep to put a stop to this nonsense. I've been through all this bullshit myself , the area rep put a stop to this kind of harassment and bullying. Good luck and stay strong.
If you go to your workplace it suggests that your fit to get there etc and they play on that especially if it's an unseen illness like stress.hothothots right.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Absence due to stress

Post by robbertwhitton »

Our boss has been seen to google a medical condition of the staff to back up his action plan to deal with it? Priceless! No good as a boss or a doctor?him and his minions even said a colleague who had a nasty dog bite with medical certificate was ok to come to work and do the office?.. I think not!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Absence due to stress

Post by arnold cheshire »

robbertwhitton wrote:Our boss has been seen to google a medical condition of the staff to back up his action plan to deal with it? Priceless! No good as a boss or a doctor?him and his minions even said a colleague who had a nasty dog bite with medical certificate was ok to come to work and do the office?.. I think not!
They think they're gps
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Absence due to stress

Post by k979aaa »

arnold cheshire wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:Our boss has been seen to google a medical condition of the staff to back up his action plan to deal with it? Priceless! No good as a boss or a doctor?him and his minions even said a colleague who had a nasty dog bite with medical certificate was ok to come to work and do the office?.. I think not!
They think they're gps
Consultants the money they are on!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Absence due to stress

Post by arnold cheshire »

td2011 wrote:I have received a letter from management the very day I went sick, asking for me to go for a meeting in a few days time. Also states on the letter I must bring any medical evidence pertinent to my ongoing absence. This is all whilst I’ve been given a sick line from my doctor.

Surely I shouldn’t have to attend this meeting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
who has medical evidence? Apart from a sick note
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Absence due to stress

Post by clashcityrocker »

arnold cheshire wrote:
td2011 wrote:I have received a letter from management the very day I went sick, asking for me to go for a meeting in a few days time. Also states on the letter I must bring any medical evidence pertinent to my ongoing absence. This is all whilst I’ve been given a sick line from my doctor.

Surely I shouldn’t have to attend this meeting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
who has medical evidence? Apart from a sick note
If you were stressed your excrement might be quite runny.
Ask if they want you to take some of that in.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Absence due to stress

Post by arnold cheshire »

I can't stand going in anymore they do ruin lives
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Absence due to stress

Post by Brandy »

arnold cheshire wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:Our boss has been seen to google a medical condition of the staff to back up his action plan to deal with it? Priceless! No good as a boss or a doctor?him and his minions even said a colleague who had a nasty dog bite with medical certificate was ok to come to work and do the office?.. I think not!
They think they're gps
No RM managers have no brains or common sense so they would never ever make a GP!!!!