ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
S/A collections and delivery
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
S/A collections and delivery
We’ve had instances of people on S/A collections being told to deliver bits of failed delivery as part of there collections duty,as the boss has told them or asked them is it correct,can he do that,can they refuse? another money saving idea,I’m sure the cleared office box has long been ticked yet again to cover his arse!
-
streets97
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 21:43
- Gender: Male
S/A collections and delivery
Look at the bottom of the 318 it states "as directed" in other words if the boss says do something you have to do the something that they have asked.
-
Fishtoft4
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 19 Jun 2015, 17:48
- Gender: Male
S/A collections and delivery
Streets 318’s do not exist and haven’t done for years
-
streets97
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 21:43
- Gender: Male
S/A collections and delivery
Do where I work
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
S/A collections and delivery
It's probably on your contract of employment anyway , as " any other duties commensurate with the position".
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
S/A collections and delivery
As with any other job in the company and almost any other company they can ask you to do any reasonable task within your work hours as necessary for the business.robbertwhitton wrote:We’ve had instances of people on S/A collections being told to deliver bits of failed delivery as part of there collections duty,as the boss has told them or asked them is it correct,can he do that,can they refuse? another money saving idea,I’m sure the cleared office box has long been ticked yet again to cover his arse!
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
S/A collections and delivery
Is there time to do any delivery as well as the collection on an S/A?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
S/A collections and delivery
Usually SA collections are timed really finely so you are in a virtual race to get it done in time. Therefore I would say they is no spare time left over to deliver lapsed walks or anything else. Duties on LATs are supposedly a different case as RM has not managed to attract sufficient business for the new product.Bahia Feliz wrote:Is there time to do any delivery as well as the collection on an S/A?
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
S/A collections and delivery
p318 I've not seen one in twenty yearsstreets97 wrote:Do where I work
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
S/A collections and delivery
If I was a manager and had the choice of delivering a load of mail or doing a collection I'd be telling the person on sa they are delivering and I'd be doing the cushy collectionBahia Feliz wrote:Is there time to do any delivery as well as the collection on an S/A?
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
S/A collections and delivery
Do you know how an SA contract works?citypostie wrote:If I was a manager and had the choice of delivering a load of mail or doing a collection I'd be telling the person on sa they are delivering and I'd be doing the cushy collectionBahia Feliz wrote:Is there time to do any delivery as well as the collection on an S/A?
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
S/A collections and delivery
No and don't want to thanksnumber one wrote:Do you know how an SA contract works?citypostie wrote:If I was a manager and had the choice of delivering a load of mail or doing a collection I'd be telling the person on sa they are delivering and I'd be doing the cushy collectionBahia Feliz wrote:Is there time to do any delivery as well as the collection on an S/A?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
S/A collections and delivery
I think you are getting confused with collections on hybrids
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
S/A collections and delivery
If I was on SA to do a collection and was instructed to do a part delivery by a DIM then OK. Do the delivery then bring back the collection keys and say "here you go, my shift's over". 
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male