ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual pay .

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ze778
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Jul 2019, 21:06
Gender: Male

Annual pay .

Post by ze778 »

Hello I’m thinking of getting a mortgage and would like to know the annual pay we receive .I do a few collections in the afternoons would theses be classed as annual pay since I’ve signed for them meaning maybe the bank would lend me a little more any advice be great
Gasman11
Posts: 272
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
Gender: Male

Annual pay .

Post by Gasman11 »

Multiply your gross weekly pay on the left side of your payslip by 52.2 to give you a basic annual salary figure. I've just applied to remortgage and the lender asked me about any overtime that i do and as a representative example took the extra pay i'd received over the last 8 weeks and converted it into an annual amount.
Last edited by Gasman11 on 04 Jul 2019, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
ze778
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Jul 2019, 21:06
Gender: Male

Annual pay .

Post by ze778 »

I give it a go thanks for reply you think they would calculate your collections into it
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Annual pay .

Post by Celgar »

There are periodical resigns for collections so you may not have the same number to do each week in future years. In addition RM may look to move all the box collections back onto walks which save them some more money. I was quite surprised they didn't do that in the announcement for the five year plan.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Gasman11
Posts: 272
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
Gender: Male

Annual pay .

Post by Gasman11 »

If you do collections regularly and intend to carry on doing them then i dont see why the lender shouldnt take those payments into account. Just be honest with them about what you've done previously and what your intentions are moving forward.
Nickvilla20
Posts: 789
Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
Gender: Male

Annual pay .

Post by Nickvilla20 »

Some lenders will take OT into consideration some don’t usually depends on the lender.
ze778
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Jul 2019, 21:06
Gender: Male

Annual pay .

Post by ze778 »

You think phone HR and they would know your basic annual pay with no overtime I’m guessing is around 25k
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Annual pay .

Post by Trail »

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salary/Roya ... E10911.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Annual pay .

Post by noggin1969 »

Only my own personal opinion , but I would only go with your 52 x basic. Your mortgage offer will be smaller but least you know you can cover it without worrying about O/T and Schedules in the future.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Annual pay .

Post by maisymoo04 »

ze778 wrote:Hello I’m thinking of getting a mortgage and would like to know the annual pay we receive .I do a few collections in the afternoons would theses be classed as annual pay since I’ve signed for them meaning maybe the bank would lend me a little more any advice be great
what contract you on ?? full time ? partime ? 18 hours 25 hrs 30 hrs 38 ? :confused
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
ze778
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Jul 2019, 21:06
Gender: Male

Annual pay .

Post by ze778 »

Hello I’m on a Full time contract and Ive found out you can check annual pay on my bundle website also the SA payments can be part of your annual pay
Route1
Posts: 369
Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
Gender: Female

Annual pay .

Post by Route1 »

ze778 wrote:Hello I’m on a Full time contract and Ive found out you can check annual pay on my bundle website also the SA payments can be part of your annual pay
Basic FT contract = £24,285 (52 weeks x 38hr x £12.29 (11.62 base rate + £0.67 Delivery Supplement))
S/A or o/t means more £££