ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
-
transporter03
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 03 Oct 2017, 18:24
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
I'm currently having difficulty getting payment for the purchase of non royal mail footwear. I presented the receipt to my d.o.m . as I have done before only to have the claim refused . Apparently you now are supposed to get the uniform managers authorisation before you can go and purchase any footwear. Has anybody else had this problem ?. I don't want to let this go because I have bought a couple of pairs of shoes in the past 12 months knowing I would not get paid . Any advice on this would be appreciated.
-
spen
- Posts: 531
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
I think your only allowed to claim for 2 pairs in a 12 month period
-
FAB
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
You now need either a letter from your doctor or podiatrist. I am having the same issue. Had the payment for over two years without issue. Now they need this letter. The last time I approached my doctor for a letter he said it would cost £20!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
You can only get the uniform managers authorisation after you have already bought and given your line manager your receipt.. think your dom is just being lazy an not interested in helping you. all info on this subject is in downloads section.transporter03 wrote:I'm currently having difficulty getting payment for the purchase of non royal mail footwear. I presented the receipt to my d.o.m . as I have done before only to have the claim refused . Apparently you now are supposed to get the uniform managers authorisation before you can go and purchase any footwear. Has anybody else had this problem ?. I don't want to let this go because I have bought a couple of pairs of shoes in the past 12 months knowing I would not get paid . Any advice on this would be appreciated.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
Been getting the payment just under 4years now an never had a problem also it is now £34.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
Your DOM is not submitting the claim correctly. Tell them to sort it out
-
stodgy88
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
I was told I needed doctors note,and duly got one ,and got paid, told by line manager,the note had to be renewed after 3 years,not sure if that is really the case or not.
-
261184
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 16 Nov 2017, 19:05
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwearr
I recently got paid for some footwear. Always used to pay for my own but when the DOM chased me up for a Dr’s note I thought right they’re gonna have to pay now.As quoted by another I think it’s up to £34...
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
The flow chart link mentions The Print and Uniform Manager reviews evidence and makes a decision.transporter03 wrote:I'm currently having difficulty getting payment for the purchase of non royal mail footwear. I presented the receipt to my d.o.m . as I have done before only to have the claim refused . Apparently you now are supposed to get the uniform managers authorisation before you can go and purchase any footwear. Has anybody else had this problem ?. I don't want to let this go because I have bought a couple of pairs of shoes in the past 12 months knowing I would not get paid . Any advice on this would be appreciated.
LTB 086/19 – Royal Mail Footwear Reimbursement Policy (due to Medical/Health Reasons) and Reimbursement Arrangements for Individuals Covered Under the Equality Act
No. 086/2019
6th February 2019
Royal Mail Footwear Reimbursement Policy (due to Medical/Health Reasons) and Reimbursement Arrangements for Individuals Covered Under the Equality Act
Dear Colleagues,
For some time now and as part of the Outdoor Department’s ongoing talks with Royal Mail on general uniform matters, representation has been made on the need to increase the limit of £30 linked to the Footwear Reimbursement Policy.
As a result of this representation, Royal Mail agreed to increase the limit under the Footwear Reimbursement Policy to £34, and whilst this increase falls well short of the CWU’s aspirations and the actual costs faced by members who for medical/health reasons are unable to wear Royal Mail issued footwear, it is nonetheless an actual increase of some 13 percent to the current reimbursement level. Equally, this increase in the level reflects the average costs to the company of non-safety footwear.
The updated Royal Mail Footwear Reimbursement process which set out the arrangements to be followed, is attached for the assistance of Branches and Representatives. It should also be noted that under the process, the company will pay any reasonable costs incurred by members in relation to providing the necessary medical supporting evidence, such as a GP, podiatrist or chiropodist letter.
Whilst the actual increase for footwear reimbursement was agreed back in October last year and was applied from that date in terms of individual applications made, there has been a delay in this development being formally reported to Branches due to further clarification sought by the Department in respect to Royal Mail policy on footwear reimbursement for members who are covered by the Equality Act, and the arrangements to be followed. This has now been given by the company and confirms that in the case of individuals covered under the Equality Act (and who therefore require a reasonable adjustment under the legislation) and have specialist footwear requirements (which could include any required footwear insoles), then the company will meet the full costs in respect to footwear reimbursement and above the £34 level set out in the Footwear Reimbursement Process.
In cases involving members covered by the Equality Act, applications on footwear reimbursement should be made via their local manager who can arrange for these to be purchased via the Royal Mail Disability Helpline. Again, and as with the Footwear Reimbursement process, members would be required to provide the necessary medical supporting evidence, with any reasonable costs incurred due to this being met by Royal Mail.
In the case of reported difficulties raised by members linked to the Footwear Reimbursement process, Branches and Representatives are advised to email the Royal Mail Uniform Team at: uniform@royalmail.com.
In the case of reported difficulties raised by members linked to the footwear purchase or reimbursement under the Equality Act, Branches and Representatives are advised to contact Royal Mail’s Disability Helpline on: 0800 0286142 (to arrange for a sign or language interpreter, call: 01142 414731).
As set out above, whilst the increase in the level of the Footwear Reimbursement Policy does not meet the CWU aspirations it does nonetheless mark an overall increase against the backdrop of years of no movement. It is therefore hoped that this limited increase is welcomed by Branches, Representatives and members alike in addition to the further clarification set out in relation to members covered under the Equality Act.
Any enquires in relation to this LTB should be directed to the Outdoor Department, reference 500, email address: outdoorsecretary@cwu.org.
Yours sincerely,
Mark Baulch
CWU Assistant Secretary
LTB 086.19 – Royal Mail Footwear Reimbursement Policy (due to Medical_Health Reasons) and Reimbursement Arrangements for Individuals Covered Under the Equality Act
Footwear Reimbursement Flowchart
http://www.cwu.org/wp-content/uploads/2 ... wchart.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
I need to submit a claim but the last time I claimed a year ago it took them 3 months to pay out!!!!!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
Should take no more than 2weeks to be paid.peshwaarinaan wrote:I need to submit a claim but the last time I claimed a year ago it took them 3 months to pay out!!!!!
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
Can it be normal black trainers or is there a criteria etc for certain foot wear
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
Not sure about delivery but most staff in mc wear all different colours and kind of trainers.Yamr1 wrote:Can it be normal black trainers or is there a criteria etc for certain foot wear
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
If you claim for shoes can you still order your allocation from royal mail?
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1532
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Reimbursement for purchase of footwear
Black, lace ups.Yamr1 wrote:Can it be normal black trainers or is there a criteria etc for certain foot wear