ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Posties most favoured sock
-
carpathia_kuja
- Posts: 86
- Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 20:24
- Gender: Male
- Location: Toon
Posties most favoured sock
What are your favourite socks to wear at work? I'm currently getting blisters using cotton rich sport socks so could do with some recommendations. Cheers!
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
bridgedale are my favourites - expensive though
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Posties most favoured sock
Wow what a topiccarpathia_kuja wrote:What are your favourite socks to wear at work? I'm currently getting blisters using cotton rich sport socks so could do with some recommendations. Cheers!
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
Have you ever thought it might be the high heels your wearing rather than the socks .carpathia_kuja wrote:What are your favourite socks to wear at work? I'm currently getting blisters using cotton rich sport socks so could do with some recommendations. Cheers!
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
-
sirchewey
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
Second that :-) I wear their liners in the summer and their hike range in the sprin/autumn/winter. They're about £15 a pair but they have a 3 year guarantee I think. Worth every penny imolcook282 wrote:bridgedale are my favourites - expensive though
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Posties most favoured sock
George socks
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Posties most favoured sock
under armour socks are good
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Posties most favoured sock
I use more mike running ankle socks of Amazon!
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
the thickest pair possible even in summersirchewey wrote:Second that :-) I wear their liners in the summer and their hike range in the sprin/autumn/winter. They're about £15 a pair but they have a 3 year guarantee I think. Worth every penny imolcook282 wrote:bridgedale are my favourites - expensive though
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
Third sock in really cold weather?
-
Duesouth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 17:25
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
Put a sock in it. But seriously, breathable in the summer and thick hiking socks in the winter.
-
ripio
- Posts: 233
- Joined: 06 Sep 2008, 23:32
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
HJ Hall Indestructible Socks https://www.hj.co.uk/mens-socks/brand/i ... ible-socks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pack of three pairs lasts me a year.
I used to go through a pair of ordinary socks in a week or two but these last about 6-8 months before I need to stitch up a hole in the toe and get another few months out of them.
They also do good long lasting merino wool socks for non work wear.
Pack of three pairs lasts me a year.
I used to go through a pair of ordinary socks in a week or two but these last about 6-8 months before I need to stitch up a hole in the toe and get another few months out of them.
They also do good long lasting merino wool socks for non work wear.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
Go outdoors had a 20% off card price ( need a go outdoors card) which worked out about the same as the cheapest place online that I could find to do their pricematch +10% thing.sirchewey wrote:Second that :-) I wear their liners in the summer and their hike range in the sprin/autumn/winter. They're about £15 a pair but they have a 3 year guarantee I think. Worth every penny imolcook282 wrote:bridgedale are my favourites - expensive though
-
Nick301171
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 07 Dec 2018, 22:09
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
Darn Tuff Socks which are expensive, merino wool socks from USA. You can get them on Amazon UK.
Good thing about them is they have a lifetime no-quibble guarantee. My pair started getting holes after 6 months, sent them back and a replacement pair sent out.
Good thing about them is they have a lifetime no-quibble guarantee. My pair started getting holes after 6 months, sent them back and a replacement pair sent out.