So has anyone found a Royal Mail pair that actually helps plantar fasciitis sufferers?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1532
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
Been using my own for about 5 years after getting a doctors note but now it's all changed and they need to have an ISO standard, which I can only find on safety shoes, so it's back to Royal Mail shoes for me.
So has anyone found a Royal Mail pair that actually helps plantar fasciitis sufferers?
So has anyone found a Royal Mail pair that actually helps plantar fasciitis sufferers?
-
bardeh
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 01 Feb 2019, 23:04
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
I just wear my own anyway, nobody has ever said anything. I'm not ruining my feet for the sake of RM, bugger that.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
Who says they need to have an ISO standard?Hitcher wrote:Been using my own for about 5 years after getting a doctors note but now it's all changed and they need to have an ISO standard, which I can only find on safety shoes, so it's back to Royal Mail shoes for me.![]()
So has anyone found a Royal Mail pair that actually helps plantar fasciitis sufferers?
Personally my feet are ok in RM footwear, as long as I wear the orthotics I was given by my podiatrist. I'd say it's worthwhile trying to get a podiatrist appointment ( either NHS or Private) as it certainly helped my plantar fascitis.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
I think the general view is that none of the RM footwear is suitable if you suffer with that condition.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
Your feet would feel better if you did your round barefoot & stepped on the odd stone than wearing the dreadful cheap nasty RM issue shoes/boots 
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1532
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
Told I'll no longer be covered if I wear my own shoes on delivery.bardeh wrote:I just wear my own anyway, nobody has ever said anything. I'm not ruining my feet for the sake of RM, bugger that.
Royal Mail.greengiant wrote:Who says they need to have an ISO standard?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
Celgar wrote:I think the general view is that none of the RM footwear is suitable if you suffer with that condition.
I think the general view is that none of the RM footwear is suitable for any human being regardless of any condition they may suffer with!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
Get a letter from your doctor or podiatrist will soon put a stop to their bullshit.. if that fails ask for a referal to ohs.Hitcher wrote:Told I'll no longer be covered if I wear my own shoes on delivery.bardeh wrote:I just wear my own anyway, nobody has ever said anything. I'm not ruining my feet for the sake of RM, bugger that.Royal Mail.greengiant wrote:Who says they need to have an ISO standard?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
You’d hope that this company would carry out extensive trials on the footwear like they say they do,and carry on until they get it right with a shoe that’s fit for purpose,alas it’s obviously not true,all on here agree good footwear costs money,so that ain’t gonna happen,and they play the we supply footwear so it must be good card?,we know the debarkle when re ordering shoes that you’ve worn out to quickly,due to walking too much!?
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
From my experience any trial on any item seems to be someone walking round an office for an hour and saying its fine.
No one who has ever worn the rain coat on delivery in the rain would ever say it is suitable for the task. The cagoule is next to useless in anything other than the lightest drizzle or over a fleece to keep the wind out.
I have had a variety of RM footwear, a few have been fine and some have been poor, but none of them have ever lasted more than 3 or 4 months at the very best - yet RM give them a life span of six months. Pathetic company that doesn't give a care for their staff despite trying to look like they do.
No one who has ever worn the rain coat on delivery in the rain would ever say it is suitable for the task. The cagoule is next to useless in anything other than the lightest drizzle or over a fleece to keep the wind out.
I have had a variety of RM footwear, a few have been fine and some have been poor, but none of them have ever lasted more than 3 or 4 months at the very best - yet RM give them a life span of six months. Pathetic company that doesn't give a care for their staff despite trying to look like they do.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
Yes, but who told you that? Your line manager? Your Delivery Office Manager? And what ISO standard does the footwear need to meet?Hitcher wrote:Told I'll no longer be covered if I wear my own shoes on delivery.bardeh wrote:I just wear my own anyway, nobody has ever said anything. I'm not ruining my feet for the sake of RM, bugger that.Royal Mail.greengiant wrote:Who says they need to have an ISO standard?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
I agree RW. With the increased walking you'd think RM would have got some decent footwear, properly Trialled. I wear some of the Latest "Clown Shoes" ... without the Snazzy Red Bits..... and I get on pretty well with them. I've also had Plantars, which is a bitch, and tried several of the RM Trainers. Finally found some that were great... and then RM changed the suppliers. Apparently the suppliers didn't conform to RM's purchasing Policy (I expect they were made by 10 year olds in China).robbertwhitton wrote:You’d hope that this company would carry out extensive trials on the footwear like they say they do,and carry on until they get it right with a shoe that’s fit for purpose,alas it’s obviously not true,all on here agree good footwear costs money,so that ain’t gonna happen,and they play the we supply footwear so it must be good card?,we know the debarkle when re ordering shoes that you’ve worn out to quickly,due to walking too much!?
Hitcher I think your obvious solution is to continue wearing your own footwear. We've been told the "Only Royal Mail Footwear" Diktat doesn't apply anymore, perhaps your DOM is trying to BS you? Our "Racing Snakes" have gone back to weraing their Running Spikes, and nobody's said anything. Perhaps one of our H&S specialists had the definative answer? Especially with a Doctors Letter I can't see a problem with your DOM authorising it, perhaps ask if he'd rather you took time of sick with Plantars? On the bright side Plantars does sort it'self out, although it can take over a year. I feel your pain.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Superdude
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 15 Mar 2019, 18:27
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
It’s all about the insoles, baby.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
Or prescribed orthotics in my caseSuperdude wrote:It’s all about the insoles, baby.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?
I get this and I find it gets worse, mostly down to age of shoe. For first couple months, fine no real issues. Then it slowly gets worse every day until shoes are about 4 months old. Then it's a fight to get new pair if you're soles aren't worn enough because managers don't give a crap. By the sixth month it's a struggle to stand up every morning. But by this stage soles usually worn enough to get new pair. Then rinse/repeat. That's my experience anyway, they really aren't fit for the job, don't give your feet enough support.