ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Hitcher
Posts: 1532
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by Hitcher »

Been using my own for about 5 years after getting a doctors note but now it's all changed and they need to have an ISO standard, which I can only find on safety shoes, so it's back to Royal Mail shoes for me. :sad:

So has anyone found a Royal Mail pair that actually helps plantar fasciitis sufferers?
bardeh
Posts: 42
Joined: 01 Feb 2019, 23:04
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by bardeh »

I just wear my own anyway, nobody has ever said anything. I'm not ruining my feet for the sake of RM, bugger that.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by greengiant »

Hitcher wrote:Been using my own for about 5 years after getting a doctors note but now it's all changed and they need to have an ISO standard, which I can only find on safety shoes, so it's back to Royal Mail shoes for me. :sad:

So has anyone found a Royal Mail pair that actually helps plantar fasciitis sufferers?
Who says they need to have an ISO standard?

Personally my feet are ok in RM footwear, as long as I wear the orthotics I was given by my podiatrist. I'd say it's worthwhile trying to get a podiatrist appointment ( either NHS or Private) as it certainly helped my plantar fascitis.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by Celgar »

I think the general view is that none of the RM footwear is suitable if you suffer with that condition.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by twoloops »

Your feet would feel better if you did your round barefoot & stepped on the odd stone than wearing the dreadful cheap nasty RM issue shoes/boots :thumbdown
Hitcher
Posts: 1532
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by Hitcher »

bardeh wrote:I just wear my own anyway, nobody has ever said anything. I'm not ruining my feet for the sake of RM, bugger that.
Told I'll no longer be covered if I wear my own shoes on delivery.
greengiant wrote:Who says they need to have an ISO standard?
Royal Mail.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by wacko74 »

Celgar wrote:I think the general view is that none of the RM footwear is suitable if you suffer with that condition.

I think the general view is that none of the RM footwear is suitable for any human being regardless of any condition they may suffer with!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by aiden01 »

Hitcher wrote:
bardeh wrote:I just wear my own anyway, nobody has ever said anything. I'm not ruining my feet for the sake of RM, bugger that.
Told I'll no longer be covered if I wear my own shoes on delivery.
greengiant wrote:Who says they need to have an ISO standard?
Royal Mail.
Get a letter from your doctor or podiatrist will soon put a stop to their bullshit.. if that fails ask for a referal to ohs.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by robbertwhitton »

You’d hope that this company would carry out extensive trials on the footwear like they say they do,and carry on until they get it right with a shoe that’s fit for purpose,alas it’s obviously not true,all on here agree good footwear costs money,so that ain’t gonna happen,and they play the we supply footwear so it must be good card?,we know the debarkle when re ordering shoes that you’ve worn out to quickly,due to walking too much!?
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by fb1969 »

From my experience any trial on any item seems to be someone walking round an office for an hour and saying its fine.

No one who has ever worn the rain coat on delivery in the rain would ever say it is suitable for the task. The cagoule is next to useless in anything other than the lightest drizzle or over a fleece to keep the wind out.

I have had a variety of RM footwear, a few have been fine and some have been poor, but none of them have ever lasted more than 3 or 4 months at the very best - yet RM give them a life span of six months. Pathetic company that doesn't give a care for their staff despite trying to look like they do.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by greengiant »

Hitcher wrote:
bardeh wrote:I just wear my own anyway, nobody has ever said anything. I'm not ruining my feet for the sake of RM, bugger that.
Told I'll no longer be covered if I wear my own shoes on delivery.
greengiant wrote:Who says they need to have an ISO standard?
Royal Mail.
Yes, but who told you that? Your line manager? Your Delivery Office Manager? And what ISO standard does the footwear need to meet?
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

robbertwhitton wrote:You’d hope that this company would carry out extensive trials on the footwear like they say they do,and carry on until they get it right with a shoe that’s fit for purpose,alas it’s obviously not true,all on here agree good footwear costs money,so that ain’t gonna happen,and they play the we supply footwear so it must be good card?,we know the debarkle when re ordering shoes that you’ve worn out to quickly,due to walking too much!?
I agree RW. With the increased walking you'd think RM would have got some decent footwear, properly Trialled. I wear some of the Latest "Clown Shoes" ... without the Snazzy Red Bits..... and I get on pretty well with them. I've also had Plantars, which is a bitch, and tried several of the RM Trainers. Finally found some that were great... and then RM changed the suppliers. Apparently the suppliers didn't conform to RM's purchasing Policy (I expect they were made by 10 year olds in China). :hmmmm

Hitcher I think your obvious solution is to continue wearing your own footwear. We've been told the "Only Royal Mail Footwear" Diktat doesn't apply anymore, perhaps your DOM is trying to BS you? Our "Racing Snakes" have gone back to weraing their Running Spikes, and nobody's said anything. Perhaps one of our H&S specialists had the definative answer? Especially with a Doctors Letter I can't see a problem with your DOM authorising it, perhaps ask if he'd rather you took time of sick with Plantars? On the bright side Plantars does sort it'self out, although it can take over a year. I feel your pain. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Superdude
Posts: 55
Joined: 15 Mar 2019, 18:27
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by Superdude »

It’s all about the insoles, baby.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by greengiant »

Superdude wrote:It’s all about the insoles, baby.
Or prescribed orthotics in my case
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by Newbie001 »

I get this and I find it gets worse, mostly down to age of shoe. For first couple months, fine no real issues. Then it slowly gets worse every day until shoes are about 4 months old. Then it's a fight to get new pair if you're soles aren't worn enough because managers don't give a crap. By the sixth month it's a struggle to stand up every morning. But by this stage soles usually worn enough to get new pair. Then rinse/repeat. That's my experience anyway, they really aren't fit for the job, don't give your feet enough support.