ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Didn't scan an special delivery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lawrencepa2014
Posts: 98
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 14:03
Gender: Male

Didn't scan an special delivery

Post by Lawrencepa2014 »

When I had it in my hands I didn’t see a code to scan. I don’t think there was anything at least at the time I don’t remember seeing anything. I delivered the parcel but now I’m doubting myself as all special deliveries I’ve come across so far have had something. Is it going to be a problem?
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Didn’t scan an special delivery

Post by Trail »

Lawrencepa2014 wrote:When I had it in my hands I didn’t see a code to scan. I don’t think there was anything at least at the time I don’t remember seeing anything. I delivered the parcel but now I’m doubting myself as all special deliveries I’ve come across so far have had something. Is it going to be a problem?
No.

Blame it on a dodgy PDA. Lie like a f*cker.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Didn’t scan an special delivery

Post by greengiant »

Lawrencepa2014 wrote:When I had it in my hands I didn’t see a code to scan. I don’t think there was anything at least at the time I don’t remember seeing anything. I delivered the parcel but now I’m doubting myself as all special deliveries I’ve come across so far have had something. Is it going to be a problem?
Was it a "real" special, or one of those foreign ones?
Route1
Posts: 369
Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
Gender: Female

Didn't scan an special delivery

Post by Route1 »

If it was one of the china specials, sometimes the address & barcode are on the other label on the other side of the parcel.

I wouldnt worry about.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Didn't scan an special delivery

Post by k979aaa »

Hear no evil speak no evil see no evil
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Didn't scan an special delivery

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Deny everything Darling!
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Didn't scan an special delivery

Post by Seymour Buts »

They can't even track them, they won't know anyway. I found one in a bag once and attempted to track the item via the website to see if it had been missed totally or the person had 739'ed it and left it in the bag by mistake but it came up as invalid tracking number. I took it back and asked if the phg's office could track it and they confirmed they couldn't. We don't get paid if don't scan them, basically. They're not tracked items; at least from our side. The foreign couriers we're delivering on behalf of can, apparently.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Didn't scan an special delivery

Post by NewPostieUK »

I'm confused. Special Delivery is domestic only, not international.

No such thing as a Special Delivery from China.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Didn't scan an special delivery

Post by robbertwhitton »

In the bigger picture of things and what management can fraudulently get away with,I wouldn’t worry about it one bit.a simple mistake if that,it got delivered that’s the main thing.