ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PDA not letting you send a signature

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by arnold cheshire »

Twice now I've had customers sign and the submit button doesn't appear . Is anyone else having this issue?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by arnold cheshire »

It happened on a tracked today it's not funny when you have to knock back on
1617mel
Posts: 172
Joined: 11 Oct 2017, 15:13
Gender: Male

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by 1617mel »

ok Arnold Cheshire I just give it the once , and if it dosent happen then so be it, at my age im not tech knowledge friendly , so I just say to the customer , its not working properly. then I move on if RM query it ,I tell the whole truth the PDA thing is a flop, to me if you tell them the truth then what do they want, you cant turn back the time. that's the problem with RM give your heart and soul best , when 1 problem occurs maybe every 6 months or so , they are on you like a ton of bricks , no thankyou for the previous marvellous 6 months no complaints of delivery.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by arnold cheshire »

1617mel wrote:ok Arnold Cheshire I just give it the once , and if it dosent happen then so be it, at my age im not tech knowledge friendly , so I just say to the customer , its not working properly. then I move on if RM query it ,I tell the whole truth the PDA thing is a flop, to me if you tell them the truth then what do they want, you cant turn back the time. that's the problem with RM give your heart and soul best , when 1 problem occurs maybe every 6 months or so , they are on you like a ton of bricks , no thankyou for the previous marvellous 6 months no complaints of delivery.
So you would let someone sign for a tracked and let the PDA make it disappear and walk off into the unknown?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by k979aaa »

Good old RM putting the s**t in to IT another Royal Fail.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by Dorset Plodder »

This is a Regular Occurancefor me. I just Reboot it although it's a pain to rescan your ID Card (especially if you don't carry it and have to put your ID in manually :whistle ). When it Reboots the Signature Screen has disappeared so I assume it sends it when it Reboots. :hmmmm So far I've had no come backs about failure to scan. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by arnold cheshire »

Dorset Plodder wrote:This is a Regular Occurancefor me. I just Reboot it although it's a pain to rescan your ID Card (especially if you don't carry it and have to put your ID in manually :whistle ). When it Reboots the Signature Screen has disappeared so I assume it sends it when it Reboots. :hmmmm So far I've had no come backs about failure to scan. :cuppa
Ok thanks
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by Mr Blonde »

Are you sure it's not because you're holding it the wrong way around? if you turn it towards you the submit button should appear.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by Janet Brum »

Mr Blonde wrote:Are you sure it's not because you're holding it the wrong way around? if you turn it towards you the submit button should appear.
Yes, that`s the reason, turn it around and will work.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by arnold cheshire »

Janet Brum wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:Are you sure it's not because you're holding it the wrong way around? if you turn it towards you the submit button should appear.
Yes, that`s the reason, turn it around and will work.
no it's not working right
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by arnold cheshire »

Thanks for the advice I'm not a newbie
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by ted_e_bear »

Same things happened to me this week,also the PDA "freezes" usually turn screen off/on again with top button cures it, then maybe reboot when you're not stood on someone's doorstep.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Are the PDAs being rebooted before you head out to do your walk? Might be worth trying rebooting them once a day before you head out to do your walk
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by Celgar »

arnold cheshire wrote:Twice now I've had customers sign and the submit button doesn't appear . Is anyone else having this issue?
Very common problem with the PDA - welcome to my exclusive 'the PDA doesn't work' club. It won't clear by itself so you have to clear the item barcode then either do Power Off or Reboot. Personally if this happens it's usually after they have shut the door and I don't like to bother them so I sign for it myself.
I still haven't nailed down the reason for the fault on the PDA but it could be:
1) Location based problems in particular poor connectivity or phone mast reception.
2) Water or rain entering the battery compartment. (I have ruled this one out).
3) Software/App/programming related.
4) Same as nearly every other bit of RM equipment from vans to frames to stormproof coats that isn't fit for purpose.

I tend to go with reason 3 but others in my office say it's reason 1.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

PDA not letting you send a signature

Post by Celgar »

SpacePhoenix wrote:Are the PDAs being rebooted before you head out to do your walk? Might be worth trying rebooting them once a day before you head out to do your walk
I have been told this is the answer but I don't generally do it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.