ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

29 hour contract

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Burghboy
Posts: 224
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
Gender: Male

29 hour contract

Post by Burghboy »

Having issues with my contract not the only one in the office however seem to be the most affected, on a 29 hour contract over 5 days, it's not been a problem as I have got overtime for months to make my time up to be able to complete my delivery. They have since cut back all overtime.

Now am expected to go in do my redirections get my specials tie up van checks and load van all in 13 minutes so I have eneough time to complete my 4.5 hour delivery and take my meal relief. Now this is obviously impossible, spoke to union and have also sat with Dom going thru pda actuals and we all agree we don't have enough time. I cut off most days, ive asked them to either give me ot each day or take off some outdoor work as a quick fix so am able to complete daily until they sort it long term.

There are other part timers in our office on 21 hours so they have an extra 2 hours to do the exact same job. Place is a complete shambles.

Currently I need to argue on a dailly basis about what I need to leave even though my Lino Dom and union agree my job isn't achievable.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

29 hour contract

Post by maisymoo04 »

take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen :Very Happy :thumbup
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

29 hour contract

Post by aiden01 »

maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen :Very Happy :thumbup
Think he alreday does all the above..
Burghboy
Posts: 224
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
Gender: Male

29 hour contract

Post by Burghboy »

maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen :Very Happy :thumbup
That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

29 hour contract

Post by k979aaa »

Burghboy wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen :Very Happy :thumbup
That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.
Tell your manager to do it and watch his/her face!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

29 hour contract

Post by aiden01 »

k979aaa wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen :Very Happy :thumbup
That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.
Tell your manager to do it and watch his/her face!
Ffs hes already telling them.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

29 hour contract

Post by k979aaa »

aiden01 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen :Very Happy :thumbup
That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.
Tell your manager to do it and watch his/her face!
Ffs hes already telling them.
But not to do the duty themselves.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

29 hour contract

Post by aiden01 »

k979aaa wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen :Very Happy :thumbup
That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.
Tell your manager to do it and watch his/her face!
Ffs hes already telling them.
But not to do the duty themselves.
They are not allowed to do opg work why encourage it.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

29 hour contract

Post by k979aaa »

aiden01 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen :Very Happy :thumbup
That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.
Tell your manager to do it and watch his/her face!
Ffs hes already telling them.
But not to do the duty themselves.
They are not allowed to do opg work why encourage it.
I have see them do it in fact in our office it is a very regular thing as the rest of us are too knackered to earn their bonus maybe more offices should try it we have had managers leave rather than do what we do each and every day!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

29 hour contract

Post by aiden01 »

aiden01 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
Burghboy wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen :Very Happy :thumbup
That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.
Tell your manager to do it and watch his/her face!
Ffs hes already telling them.
But not to do the duty themselves.
They are not allowed to do opg work why encourage it.
NOT ALLOWOWED TO ALLEGEDLY HOPE THAT HELPS.
Route1
Posts: 369
Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
Gender: Female

29 hour contract

Post by Route1 »

Burghboy wrote:
That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.
What you are doing is correct way to deal with it. Let him decide what to do if you cant complete within the hours they give you. Just dont get stressed over the daily argument.

Nothing will probably happen. Rep/dom should sit down to make sure all contracts fit the duty schedule.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

29 hour contract

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Managers doing OPG work isn't allowed to happen (I believe they're allowed to for ONLY the last hour of a shift) but in reality it probably happens on many shifts in many offices
sirchewey
Posts: 99
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
Gender: Male

29 hour contract

Post by sirchewey »

13 min shift allowance is time required to get SDs and load van. Your round has been timed to be bundled and bagged in a York ready for you to load up.
I had same arguments, they soon sorted it though, just stick to your guns.
I'm hybrid though, so I cant go over, I cant work my MR as I would have to Ghost hours claiming OT for time worked plus my entitled break allowance. When its 1515hrs I'm cutting off regardless to return to office to start collection.