ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
29 hour contract
-
Burghboy
- Posts: 224
- Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
- Gender: Male
29 hour contract
Having issues with my contract not the only one in the office however seem to be the most affected, on a 29 hour contract over 5 days, it's not been a problem as I have got overtime for months to make my time up to be able to complete my delivery. They have since cut back all overtime.
Now am expected to go in do my redirections get my specials tie up van checks and load van all in 13 minutes so I have eneough time to complete my 4.5 hour delivery and take my meal relief. Now this is obviously impossible, spoke to union and have also sat with Dom going thru pda actuals and we all agree we don't have enough time. I cut off most days, ive asked them to either give me ot each day or take off some outdoor work as a quick fix so am able to complete daily until they sort it long term.
There are other part timers in our office on 21 hours so they have an extra 2 hours to do the exact same job. Place is a complete shambles.
Currently I need to argue on a dailly basis about what I need to leave even though my Lino Dom and union agree my job isn't achievable.
Now am expected to go in do my redirections get my specials tie up van checks and load van all in 13 minutes so I have eneough time to complete my 4.5 hour delivery and take my meal relief. Now this is obviously impossible, spoke to union and have also sat with Dom going thru pda actuals and we all agree we don't have enough time. I cut off most days, ive asked them to either give me ot each day or take off some outdoor work as a quick fix so am able to complete daily until they sort it long term.
There are other part timers in our office on 21 hours so they have an extra 2 hours to do the exact same job. Place is a complete shambles.
Currently I need to argue on a dailly basis about what I need to leave even though my Lino Dom and union agree my job isn't achievable.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
29 hour contract
take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
29 hour contract
Think he alreday does all the above..maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen![]()
-
Burghboy
- Posts: 224
- Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
- Gender: Male
29 hour contract
That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen![]()
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
29 hour contract
Tell your manager to do it and watch his/her face!Burghboy wrote:That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen![]()
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
29 hour contract
Ffs hes already telling them.k979aaa wrote:Tell your manager to do it and watch his/her face!Burghboy wrote:That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen![]()
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
29 hour contract
But not to do the duty themselves.aiden01 wrote:Ffs hes already telling them.k979aaa wrote:Tell your manager to do it and watch his/her face!Burghboy wrote:That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen![]()
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
29 hour contract
They are not allowed to do opg work why encourage it.k979aaa wrote:But not to do the duty themselves.aiden01 wrote:Ffs hes already telling them.k979aaa wrote:Tell your manager to do it and watch his/her face!Burghboy wrote:That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen![]()
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
29 hour contract
I have see them do it in fact in our office it is a very regular thing as the rest of us are too knackered to earn their bonus maybe more offices should try it we have had managers leave rather than do what we do each and every day!aiden01 wrote:They are not allowed to do opg work why encourage it.k979aaa wrote:But not to do the duty themselves.aiden01 wrote:Ffs hes already telling them.k979aaa wrote:Tell your manager to do it and watch his/her face!Burghboy wrote:That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen![]()
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
29 hour contract
NOT ALLOWOWED TO ALLEGEDLY HOPE THAT HELPS.aiden01 wrote:They are not allowed to do opg work why encourage it.k979aaa wrote:But not to do the duty themselves.aiden01 wrote:Ffs hes already telling them.k979aaa wrote:Tell your manager to do it and watch his/her face!Burghboy wrote:That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.maisymoo04 wrote:take your break,do the job properly , and work to ye time , then watch what will happen![]()
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
29 hour contract
What you are doing is correct way to deal with it. Let him decide what to do if you cant complete within the hours they give you. Just dont get stressed over the daily argument.Burghboy wrote:
That's what I obviously do. Thing is nothing's happening, apart from a dailly argument about what we are leaving.
Nothing will probably happen. Rep/dom should sit down to make sure all contracts fit the duty schedule.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
29 hour contract
Managers doing OPG work isn't allowed to happen (I believe they're allowed to for ONLY the last hour of a shift) but in reality it probably happens on many shifts in many offices
-
sirchewey
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
- Gender: Male
29 hour contract
13 min shift allowance is time required to get SDs and load van. Your round has been timed to be bundled and bagged in a York ready for you to load up.
I had same arguments, they soon sorted it though, just stick to your guns.
I'm hybrid though, so I cant go over, I cant work my MR as I would have to Ghost hours claiming OT for time worked plus my entitled break allowance. When its 1515hrs I'm cutting off regardless to return to office to start collection.
I had same arguments, they soon sorted it though, just stick to your guns.
I'm hybrid though, so I cant go over, I cant work my MR as I would have to Ghost hours claiming OT for time worked plus my entitled break allowance. When its 1515hrs I'm cutting off regardless to return to office to start collection.