ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Doms mates giving orders

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Doms mates giving orders

Post by arnold cheshire »

They're mates with the Dom mess about and give orders . Who has these?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Doms mates giving orders

Post by aiden01 »

arnold cheshire wrote:They're mates with the Dom mess about and give orders . Who has these?
Tell them politely to f--k off.
standanddeliver
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 44
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 20:30
Gender: Male
Location: Barnoldswick

Doms mates giving orders

Post by standanddeliver »

I always give a response of the 'organ grinder/monkey' type...……! :Very Happy
"Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Doms mates giving orders

Post by twoloops »

We a few old time posties who think they are gaffa's, they also think the place falls apart on their day off :left:
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Doms mates giving orders

Post by Dorset Plodder »

mattycash wrote:We a few old time posties who think they are gaffa's, they also think the place falls apart on their day off :left:
We have a few of those, always Full of Questions when they get back, "Did everything get delivered OK.... Was there any problems with my Duty", :crazy: Sad Bastards. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
antcpfc
Posts: 629
Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25

Doms mates giving orders

Post by antcpfc »

We've got a few. Not bad blokes to be fair but ignored when they try to do the Dons job.
Slider tool. Lol.
plaguelift
Posts: 133
Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
Gender: Male

Doms mates giving orders

Post by plaguelift »

standanddeliver wrote:I always give a response of the 'organ grinder/monkey' type...……! :Very Happy

Pretty much similar with my response. I usually reply “monkey see, monkey do” and it gets the message across. :Very Happy
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Doms mates giving orders

Post by General Mannerheim »

arnold cheshire wrote:They're mates with the Dom mess about and give orders . Who has these?
Yes he's the rep.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Doms mates giving orders

Post by maisymoo04 »

we have a few sad people in our place ,when on leave phone there mates up in work or text asking how was it today , whys he doing this that , honest its awful and when you see them when your on delivery they come up to you and say I believe this and that happened haha :shock: :shock: :shock: :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :shock: :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Doms mates giving orders

Post by twoloops »

I used to cover a round on a rota, I say cover I only done it a few times, this old time postie came in on almost all his days off & annual leave, but only if he could do his own walk. When he was forced to have a week off, I spotted him in his car checking on me doing his walk! He lived 8 mile from the office! he's dead now, died on the job, there's is some very sad individuals working for Royal Mail.
Marshamp11
Posts: 437
Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
Gender: Male

Doms mates giving orders

Post by Marshamp11 »

mattycash wrote:I used to cover a round on a rota, I say cover I only done it a few times, this old time postie came in on almost all his days off & annual leave, but only if he could do his own walk. When he was forced to have a week off, I spotted him in his car checking on me doing his walk! He lived 8 mile from the office! he's dead now, died on the job, there's is some very sad individuals working for Royal Mail.
Couldn't have been that sad dying on the job..............Oh I see what you mean. I'll get my coat.