ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Overtime confusion
-
dougfunny892
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Hi, my round has a lot of new builds on it and has not been sorted out it yet. Subsequently, I'm going an hour over my time. When I went to book it today a fellow postie came in to sign the sheet and told me he was getting paid till 5, 4 hours overtime. He said because he had done just short of 2 rounds. I don't know what he had done to achieve this but to me it is irrelevant. He finished at the same time as me and should be paid 1 hours overtime or I should be paid 4 hours. On a different subject, I thought they are using PDA actuals, the rural drivers were going out at 8am for a 1 o clock finish, 5 hours for a bread tray of mail?
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Doing extra work (rounds) on overtime is negotiated, extended delivery isn’tdougfunny892 wrote:Hi, my round has a lot of new builds on it and has not been sorted out it yet. Subsequently, I'm going an hour over my time. When I went to book it today a fellow postie came in to sign the sheet and told me he was getting paid till 5, 4 hours overtime. He said because he had done just short of 2 rounds. I don't know what he had done to achieve this but to me it is irrelevant. He finished at the same time as me and should be paid 1 hours overtime or I should be paid 4 hours. On a different subject, I thought they are using PDA actuals, the rural drivers were going out at 8am for a 1 o clock finish, 5 hours for a bread tray of mail?
-
dougfunny892
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Why its the same? Overtime is overtime. I dont see any difference.
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Blue eyed boys ‘negotiate’ special terms for themselves. Untouchable they seem to be. Same happened to me last year. Spoke to manager and he shrugged his shoulders. That’s when I stopped going over. Then you end up arguing with managers every day.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Because if people got 4hrs for every hour extended delivery they do people would take the p*ss.dougfunny892 wrote:Why its the same? Overtime is overtime. I dont see any difference.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
You must have poor negotiating skills then.Numberone63 wrote:Blue eyed boys ‘negotiate’ special terms for themselves. Untouchable they seem to be. Same happened to me last year. Spoke to manager and he shrugged his shoulders. That’s when I stopped going over. Then you end up arguing with managers every day.
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
You must one of the ‘blue eyed boys’ then.
-
dougfunny892
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
So if i go into the office and say i want 4 hours and they refuse is it a discrimination case?
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
If that’s what you want to call me, it’s all in the timing. You wait until you know they are struggling to get a duty covered then pounce. They best I’ve had is 4:30hr for a row extra. Took me less than 30 minutesNumberone63 wrote:You must one of the ‘blue eyed boys’ then.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Nope, the other guy has done nearly 2 walks. Why should you get the same for doing one walk? Not his fault you’re slowerdougfunny892 wrote:So if i go into the office and say i want 4 hours and they refuse is it a discrimination case?
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Hahahahaha. Typical response. Best just ignore it all.
-
dougfunny892
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Im probably quicker. Hes done the same as me. Or less.
-
dougfunny892
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Even if he was the fastest in the office and i was the slowest its irrelevant he went an hour over so did i. Its discrimination.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Take it to court thendougfunny892 wrote:Even if he was the fastest in the office and i was the slowest its irrelevant he went an hour over so did i. Its discrimination.
-
dougfunny892
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
I might. Wont call you as a witness.