ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Jury Duty question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Postiebear
Posts: 77
Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
Gender: Male

Jury Duty question

Post by Postiebear »

I've been called for Jury Duty but the problem is it starts on the first day of my annual leave, I've not booked up to go away yet but this is the only time I get off with the family, I know if I was booked up I would be exempt for jury duty but is this the case if I've not booked a holiday and if not am i entitled to change my holiday dates in work?
hatter68
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 81
Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 18:19
Gender: Male

Jury Duty question

Post by hatter68 »

Ask to change jury duty dates
DICKIEG
Posts: 158
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 19:07
Gender: Male

Jury Duty question

Post by DICKIEG »

If I remember right from when I did it you can refer the dates of jury service by up to 12 months
Bboingg
Posts: 69
Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
Gender: Male

Jury Duty question

Post by Bboingg »

Post them a copy of your annual leave printout and ask for a deferment
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Jury Duty question

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I'd do it if you can. Last time I was on I was getting paid more for the Jury Duty than I was making at work. Nearly volunteered for a Big Fraud Trial that they reckoned was going to take 3 months to sort. I'd try the Deferment first but if not try and get your Leave moved (unless of course youve booked a Holiday). :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Jury Duty question

Post by Seymour Buts »

You can defer it; just explain as you have on here, that it's the only time you can have off with family.
paul1231
Posts: 112
Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
Gender: Male

Jury Duty question

Post by paul1231 »

I deferred two years ago as was in the same situation as you, Called me up right at the time i had two weeks leave from work where i had nothing booked just had days out in mind. Just literally wrote back and said i had a family holiday as i was already off from work and that was it and it got deferred for about 5months as you list what dates you'd be available. Quite enjoyed the experience but then again three of the day i wasn't even needed and had the days off and as previous post said you get paid on average hours from last 12 weeks or something like that so ended up better off also