ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Very selective information printed on the changes RM would like to see introduced. No mention of the thousands of job losses with quotes attributed to ill informed posties. Letters page effectively gone in favour of propaganda and lies from upper management. No mention of introduction of five day operation in 2020. Was another mention of moving all Tracked items to LAT hubs for those who think this isn't planned. It's obviously not possible to achieve of course. They are turning RM into a joke.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
A 5 Day operation would mean 1/6 of the workforce being cut they cannot staff the offices now and with increased workloads it is going to look more like a casualty ward than a delivery office do these FOOLS in charge have any idea other than screwing the working man/woman for their own personal gains!Celgar wrote:Very selective information printed on the changes RM would like to see introduced. No mention of the thousands of job losses with quotes attributed to ill informed posties. Letters page effectively gone in favour of propaganda and lies from upper management. No mention of introduction of five day operation in 2020. Was another mention of moving all Tracked items to LAT hubs for those who think this isn't planned. It's obviously not possible to achieve of course. They are turning RM into a joke.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
First I've heard of a 5 day operation. Please state your source ?
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Ah yes, The Courier. I remember getting that...
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
how do I stop receiving mine?DiamondSmiles wrote:Ah yes, The Courier. I remember getting that...
-
Grinder64
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Simply endorse it as refused in the normal manner with a 'dead' sticker that you would deal with items that are gone away, incomplete address etc. Possibly with the addition of some sarcastic message which may lead to your lino having to 'have a word' as the returns department seem to lack a sense of humour?FirstPost wrote: how do I stop receiving mine?
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
It part of the 'productivity & efficiency' that RM loves to talk about. Was originally mentioned by a DOM then confirmed by the union on this forum. I will find it for you later. It won't happen til the USO negotiations in the later half of 2020.Decky Boy wrote:First I've heard of a 5 day operation. Please state your source ?
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
They havent officially talked about a 5 day operation, so why would they comment on it in the courier? Its all speculation and rumour, rm hands are tied until the USO is changed.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Just out of interest, how long has the Courier been around?
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Feeling a bit left out here haven't received mine yet, hope it comes tomorrow, can't wait to see which bunch of sad twats took theirs on holiday to get a photo with it !
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Your not missing much personally I would count the bugs on my windscreen if I had the the time!ted_e_bear wrote:Feeling a bit left out here haven't received mine yet, hope it comes tomorrow, can't wait to see which bunch of sad twats took theirs on holiday to get a photo with it !
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
I have worked for RM for over 35 years and it was around back then,but you didn,t get it delivered to your address a PHG would walk round and put a copy on your frame.I seem to remember most of them ended up in the bin as it was full of crap even then ,not much has changed I think the paper is a bit more glossy now.Deadly wrote:Just out of interest, how long has the Courier been around?
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
The three parcel hubs being created will be the flashpoint, especially if they try and employ workers on the zero hours or self employed contract model. This must not be allowed to happen, it will create a cancer within the company.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
30+YEARMAN wrote:I have worked for RM for over 35 years and it was around back then,but you didn,t get it delivered to your address a PHG would walk round and put a copy on your frame.I seem to remember most of them ended up in the bin as it was full of crap even then ,not much has changed I think the paper is a bit more glossy now.Deadly wrote:Just out of interest, how long has the Courier been around?
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Comments on Courier June 2019 issue.
Kill it off and never receive it again.