ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Magnum Bandera trainer
-
Harv12
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Magnum Bandera trainer
Anyone whats happened to these, are they coming back, only offical footwear i can wear at graft, got a pair in december and they just going now. longest iv had a pair of sheos last
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Magnum Bandera trainer
Hats off to you, you must have feet & knees of iron.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Magnum Bandera trainer
Do you actually wear them? I've tried and they are beyond abysmal, so uncomfortable, like every other bit of kit,including vans that are difficult to drive if you're over 5'4" in height, nothing is fit for purpose.Harv12 wrote:Anyone whats happened to these, are they coming back, only offical footwear i can wear at graft, got a pair in december and they just going now. longest iv had a pair of sheos last
-
crabstoes
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 02 Nov 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Magnum Bandera trainer
I got an email from dimensions today telling me the banderas are due back in november.too bad I was hoping the yds would be brought back
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Magnum Bandera trainer
Magnum Bandera is by far the best footwear I've had supplied by Royal Mail in 10 years, with the possible exception of Dr Martens.
I'd love them to come back.
I'd love them to come back.
-
Harv12
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Magnum Bandera trainer
Yes i agree. best footware in just over 20 year for me. got this last pair 23 december and the tread if just about going now, iv to change the insole but apart from that no issues at all.NewPostieUK wrote:Magnum Bandera is by far the best footwear I've had supplied by Royal Mail in 10 years, with the possible exception of Dr Martens.
I'd love them to come back.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Magnum Bandera trainer
I really like the bandera. They are the best by far. Tried ordering some a few months back but ended up with the Anvils. Felt like my feet was falling apart and they are too narrow. If I stand on a stone on the edge of them they roll my ankle, there is zero support in them.
-
Robotpostie
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 18:18
- Gender: Male
Magnum Bandera trainer
I hope they come back sooner than November, Royal Mail need to wake up! The Bandera is the best I have had in a long time off Royal mail, Anvils ruined my feet had plantar fascitis for ages after Anvils. I had to have physio paid by Royal mail in the end. Royal mail don't give a s**t about our feet the amount of people in just my office that have had feet trouble is ridiculous with poor Royal mail shoes. I have to have custom made shoe insoles/orthotics from my NHS hospital and the Doctor told me he covers a few hospitals and sees many Posties. I know Posties from my office who have left Royal mail over the years as there feet are so bad and can't do delivery anymore. I bet there are loads of Posties around the UK have foot trouble.
-
bardeh
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 01 Feb 2019, 23:04
- Gender: Male
Magnum Bandera trainer
The Anvils are absolutely horrible, terrible shoes. Really heavy, not comfortable, no spring in the heels, just awful. I bought a pair of £30 walking shoes from Sports Direct and the difference is night and day. No idea why RM continues to give the contract to whoever makes the Anvils because I've never spoken to a single person who likes wearing them.
-
kingdazzler
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 18 Mar 2019, 13:29
- Gender: Male
Magnum Bandera trainer
i wear my own boots. i got them from Sports Direct for £35. They are so much better than the boots from Royal Mail. I had a pair of Magnums as a new starter and they gave me shin splints so i had to have time off as i couldn't flex my foot. I got grief from the DOM even though i didn't get sick pay so it didn't cost him anything. Invest in the best footwear you can afford and look after your feet.
-
numnut
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 08 Apr 2017, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Magnum Bandera trainer
I was offered Magnum shoes when I first started with Royal Mail. They were awful. I was afflicted with Plantar Fasciitis within a matter of weeks.
My line manager got me a pair of Dr Marten shoes to try which were available at the time. Crap. Way too narrow - I suggested they were chinese copies made for skinny feet.
I also tried the Easyflex Trainers and the Anvil Trainers too - lasts were way too narrow for my feet, too. Nothing was working.
In March last year, in an act of desperation, I shelled out my own cash on two pairs of Merrell Moab Adventure hiking footwear - one pair low-rise boots and one pair shoes. A revelation! No breaking in, light but robust. Encourages a proper gait, too - no more postie shuffle. PLantar Fasciitis gone in no time, too. Like walking about in soft Skechers but much more robust. Not bomb-proof though, as both pairs were done after 8 months. But you can't put a price on foot health.
My plates are in excellent nick. Not a chance of getting a measly £34 a pair refund from Royal Mail though, as I don't have a foot issue and my GP won't sanction.
This year have replaced the Merrells again, but I am also giving the (supposedly) new-and-improved Magnum Bandera Active Trainers a go. Not too heavy, they weigh the same as my low-rise Merrell boots. Unlike all the other Royal Mail-supplied footwear I've tried, these particular Magnums have a lot more room in the toe box, so it encourages the sensation of gripping which is part of a healthy rolling gait. It feels as though the sole has more substance along the outer edge particularly at the heel, which might help protect against overpronation. Not a lot of give, though.
I'll wear them in anger tomorrow. Will see how I get on.
My line manager got me a pair of Dr Marten shoes to try which were available at the time. Crap. Way too narrow - I suggested they were chinese copies made for skinny feet.
I also tried the Easyflex Trainers and the Anvil Trainers too - lasts were way too narrow for my feet, too. Nothing was working.
In March last year, in an act of desperation, I shelled out my own cash on two pairs of Merrell Moab Adventure hiking footwear - one pair low-rise boots and one pair shoes. A revelation! No breaking in, light but robust. Encourages a proper gait, too - no more postie shuffle. PLantar Fasciitis gone in no time, too. Like walking about in soft Skechers but much more robust. Not bomb-proof though, as both pairs were done after 8 months. But you can't put a price on foot health.
My plates are in excellent nick. Not a chance of getting a measly £34 a pair refund from Royal Mail though, as I don't have a foot issue and my GP won't sanction.
This year have replaced the Merrells again, but I am also giving the (supposedly) new-and-improved Magnum Bandera Active Trainers a go. Not too heavy, they weigh the same as my low-rise Merrell boots. Unlike all the other Royal Mail-supplied footwear I've tried, these particular Magnums have a lot more room in the toe box, so it encourages the sensation of gripping which is part of a healthy rolling gait. It feels as though the sole has more substance along the outer edge particularly at the heel, which might help protect against overpronation. Not a lot of give, though.
I'll wear them in anger tomorrow. Will see how I get on.
-
numnut
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 08 Apr 2017, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Magnum Bandera trainer: update
Five weeks in, and these Magnum Bandera Active Trainers are proving to be the most superb work shoes. I still can't believe it!
The extra room in the toe box is welcomed, and the Michelin-branded outsoles are really grippy especially over moss-covered drives or slippery tiles. Confidence-inspiring.
These Magnums are so good that I have had no hesitation in consigning my Merrells to out-of-work leisurewear.
One thing though, more a general rule than just for these trainers - decent socks are a must.
I wear Bridgedale Men's Woolfusion Trekker Socks - wool/nylon mix with extra under-foot padding. Very comfy.
The extra room in the toe box is welcomed, and the Michelin-branded outsoles are really grippy especially over moss-covered drives or slippery tiles. Confidence-inspiring.
These Magnums are so good that I have had no hesitation in consigning my Merrells to out-of-work leisurewear.
One thing though, more a general rule than just for these trainers - decent socks are a must.
I wear Bridgedale Men's Woolfusion Trekker Socks - wool/nylon mix with extra under-foot padding. Very comfy.
-
Redvannon
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Magnum Bandera trainer: update
numnut wrote:Five weeks in, and these Magnum Bandera Active Trainers are proving to be the most superb work shoes. I still can't believe it!
The extra room in the toe box is welcomed, and the Michelin-branded outsoles are really grippy especially over moss-covered drives or slippery tiles. Confidence-inspiring.![]()
These Magnums are so good that I have had no hesitation in consigning my Merrells to out-of-work leisurewear.
One thing though, more a general rule than just for these trainers - decent socks are a must.
I wear Bridgedale Men's Woolfusion Trekker Socks - wool/nylon mix with extra under-foot padding. Very comfy.
Thanks for the honest update! I've just ordered a pair of these as I keep wearing my own footwear out. I'll have a look for the socks you mentioned too, they'll be better than the cheap own branded socks I keep wearing!