ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lapsing
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Lapsing
How many extra holiday slots did the rep/s negotiate?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
fiveoclockhero
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
- Gender: Male
Lapsing
Yep, most of our lapsing ends up being done on o/t. Management have also been known to do the odd loop or twoPostie45 wrote:doesnt really matter how many walks are lapsed, they can lapse 3.6.20 walks if they want, in the end just work your hours.Gangham_style14 wrote: We lapse 6 days a week !!!! I’ve known others to do at least 3 days ?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Lapsing
Our DO started the summer lapsing on W/C 27-05-2019 which was going to be a busy week and it was with more parcels on one day than our busiest Xmas day!! This is a month earlier than we usually start but as our office is now fully staffed we needed to make more space for AL. That's what we have been told anyway.
In June there will be variable days of lapsing each week then in July & August it will be virtually every day. The sections of lapsing vary in length of time but the average for our DO is probably 30 minutes. The section I have been allocated most was taking 40 minutes but our DOM has reorganised all the lapsing after general office grumbling and my section on that one is 20 minutes. I was exactly on duty time today even though it was a quiet Tuesday so unless the mail drops off, & I don't think it will noticeably, then I will continue to finish past duty time. I am monitoring it and will have to use the procedure if it ends up worse than normal.
In June there will be variable days of lapsing each week then in July & August it will be virtually every day. The sections of lapsing vary in length of time but the average for our DO is probably 30 minutes. The section I have been allocated most was taking 40 minutes but our DOM has reorganised all the lapsing after general office grumbling and my section on that one is 20 minutes. I was exactly on duty time today even though it was a quiet Tuesday so unless the mail drops off, & I don't think it will noticeably, then I will continue to finish past duty time. I am monitoring it and will have to use the procedure if it ends up worse than normal.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.